Sign in to follow this  
zool

Active sky wind aloft

hi folks 

i have this problem with Active sky 6.5 it gives me wrong wind aloft at the top  

yesterday i was on a flight at 34000 and the wind was 230/104kts 

i went to ADDS and checked the real wind conditions at the same spot i was flying over and i found that it’s not exceed 40 to 50kts ! 

any help to correct this ?

AS6.5 is very old (as far as FS goes) and not as accurate as more modern programs, especially if interpolation is involved. ADDS winds are also several hours out of date - winds aloft are not reported in real time. You can't correct it.

DJ

AS6.5 is very old (as far as FS goes) and not as accurate as more modern programs, especially if interpolation is involved. ADDS winds are also several hours out of date - winds aloft are not reported in real time. You can't correct it.

DJ

will that’s a bad news  

although the all other info like hPa and surface wind and temp are all correct and matches the real report 

will that’s a bad news  

although the all other info like hPa and surface wind and temp are all correct and matches the real report 

Winds aloft forecasts and surface data have little to do with each other and come from different sources.

DJ

I used 6,5 for many years and now use ASE. I don't use real time weather but I fly based on saved date and time for departure airport. I download the ASE archive for the Z time of my saved flight and process the flight plan into ASE, the last being very important, and print the full report well which winds aloft along your route.

I tested this for historical flights that finished from flightaware.com (using the filed route) and departure Z time. I used the FSBuilder4 which can import the winds aloft from and printed its route report. Enroute time matched (for a New Jersey, US departure, same filed route, etc., To Heathrow and it came out within 20 minutes on several trials (a B747 profile).

The important thing is AS65 or ASE is be sure to process the flight plan into it.

Since AS controls the weather in FS and those reported winds/temperatures aloft are used that should be all that counts,