Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Abandonware?

Hey everyone,

I've reached out in a number of different places with these issues, and Alabeo seems to have abandoned the DA40 series without fixing some things.

No response from Alabeo.

Has this series simply been abandoned? 

Nope...in fact, only two days ago, email was sent out, that v2.0 has just been released.

For the DA40?

Oh, please excuse me...no..for the DA42...sorry!

I should have read better...doh!

Oh, please excuse me...no..for the DA42...sorry!

I should have read better...doh!

:) Yep... that's what I'm saying!

I think they dropped support pretty quickly after its release, and I can't reach anyone to find out what's going on or to request the updates.

I wouldn't go so far as to call any Alabeo / Carenado product 'abandonware'.  It's more that you pretty much have to accept that fact that once their products are released, it may or may not be further updated and / or fixed. 

The fact that they're updating a lot of their models to a new v2.0 is wonderful, but it doesn't take away from the fact that there have been many models from both companies with issues that have never been addressed or fixed, and I suspect that the decision to update those aircraft have much more to do with ensuring that they can support P3Dv3, and therefore gain more sales.

Which is not necessarily a evil thing, it just is what it is.

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Try the Carenado Ticket system - all my tickets have been responded to - even when I don't particularly care for the answer...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks guys - 

Jimmy - the FSX/P3D version... ah.. works in P3D, but has the same issues at the FSX version. It's been out for a long time, so I assume it won't be changing.

I also have the XP version of the DA40, which is newer, but has some things to be addressed, too.

Scott - I have tried reaching Alabeo, but will reach out to Carenado... thanks.