Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

another 13 hours of my life wasted...

this time 12 hours from lax to SYD , turn on the overhead light, boom CTD

I swear in fsx i never had any problems but in p3d total rubbish

14ppkc-6.png

p3d total rubbish

I perceive you are frustrated.  I've complained to PMDG and they said it is a P3D problem, which fair enough it is. I complained to LM and nothing heard.  The workaround is very simple:  Use Full Screen, at least that works for me.

Regardless, I am so shy with the dome light that I still save my flight before using it. Probably will for a few more months.

Dan Downs KCRP

this time 12 hours from lax to SYD , turn on the overhead light, boom CTD

I swear in fsx i never had any problems but in p3d total rubbish

The fact that this is only occurring in one sim is telling. A crash report will likely show a non-PMDG .dll that caused the crash.

Kyle Rodgers

Very odd, no problems with the Dome light in PMDG or any of my other aircraft on my P3D install.  Has LM been provided with a copy of PMDG 777 aircraft and successfully duplicated the issue?

Cheers, Rob.

CTD or not, that 13 hours was gone. Completing the flight wasn't going to get it back... :)

CTD or not, that 13 hours was gone. Completing the flight wasn't going to get it back... :)

I highly recommend turning on FSUIPC auto save. For situation like these. So many things can go wrong in a long range flight. Recovering the flight adds 2 minutes to your flight but saves so much time.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Yes, the FSUIPC auto save is great when you don't need it but when you do it's even better.

So before I go flying a long haul, is this some known bug in P3D that you get a CTD if you turn on the dome light in window mode? If so, if in the P3D display options menu if I select AUTO FILL MAIN VIEW will that alleviate this bug? Thank you

Eric 

There Is no real full screen mode it P3D so thats a bunch of nonsense. All it is is windowed and borderless windowed, no real diff except the borders are removed.

If so, if in the P3D display options menu if I select AUTO FILL MAIN VIEW will that alleviate this bug?
If it was that simple, I believe LM or a user would have found that solution a long time ago. Use FSUIPC's Autosave or save your flight manually before doing anything with the dome light.

If it was that simple, I believe LM or a user would have found that solution a long time ago. Use FSUIPC's Autosave or save your flight manually before doing anything with the dome light.

Okay sounds good.

Eric 

........perhaps they should rename it, the "Doom" light. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I highly recommend turning on FSUIPC auto save. For situation like these. So many things can go wrong in a long range flight. Recovering the flight adds 2 minutes to your flight but saves so much time.

Or even just use the P3D default 'save' option periodically. On a long flight, if I don't press save at least every 30 mins I start to get nervous. Are there really people who trust P3D so much that they don't save a 13 hour flight every now and then? It only takes about 5 seconds and the T7 recovers from a save file perfectly without the need to save a panel state or do anything else. 

• Upvote 1