Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

FS9 hangs: 'Loading Scenery' = 0% & CPU = 0%. Why?

Personally, I use WIndows XP because it's a good operating OS.

Too true!

Just wish I could buy a copy here in the UK with SP3 update on it.  I do see some on eBay with Dell written all over them but I'm hesitant to shell out the money in case they don't work with my own home built PC - e.g. installs Dell specific drivers for something.  Can anyone assure me here?  I don't mind if "Dell" appears on the screen during boot up though.

Dijvid

Dijvid, even if drivers were installed (unlikely) they are removable via the Cotrol panel. I have Dell Windows XP installation discs that came with previous Dell computers I owned, and they just install the O/S - the drivers are on a separate disc.

Dijvid, even if drivers were installed (unlikely) they are removable via the Cotrol panel. I have Dell Windows XP installation discs that came with previous Dell computers I owned, and they just install the O/S - the drivers are on a separate disc.

Ta muchly for this!

One other thing that bothers me is this - what do you do about anti-virus software?  I've had a look round and there doesn't seem to be very much available.  Bit Defender do have an offering for XP but they want about UK£55 for a one year licence which is a "no way" on my part.

Dijvid

what do you do about anti-virus software

I still have XP on another couple of PCs and I use AVG free - I checked several (last year) and that seemed the best overall

So it's fixed?

Yes, it took time to find the bgl files, but removing the three I mentioned solved the problem. Makes no sense though..