Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Balkans Part 2: Pula to Sarajevo

Part 2 of our Balkans tour before a short hiatus (I'll be away for 2 weeks).

Starting from where we finished last week at Pula (LDPL), we head down the Adriatic coast of Croatia, first stopping in the islands at Unije (LDPN) then Losinj (LDLO) before going back to dry land at Zadar (LDZD).  Continuing down the coast to Split (LDSP), Brac Island (LDSB - maybe just a TNG) and Ploce (LDDP) before turning inland and into Bosnia-Herzegovina, stopping at Mostar (LQMO) before finishing at the capital Sarajevo (LQSA).

Flightplans
FSX

Plan-G

Aircraft
The route is 251 miles, similar to last week, so GA aircraft in the 160-180 knots cruise range would be ideal. I'll be deciding between a Comanche and a Cessna 337 but as always, fly what you like.

Scenery
FTX Global textures, FTX Global Europe landclass (or equivalents) and a decent mesh will make everything prettier.

For freeware junkies we have a few upgrades in the AVSIM library done by Carlo Boninsegna:

Pula (used last week)

Unije & Losinj (single package)

Zadar

There is also a freeware upgrade package covering much of Bosnia-Herzegovina at the vACC-BiH website.  The BiH VFR package for FSX includes airport upgrades for Mostar and Sarajevo, and adds 60 landmarks around the city of Sarajevo for us to explore.

Note on FTX Vector airport elevation corrections: I had to disable AEC for LDPL, LDZD and LQSA.

Where and When
Date and time: Saturday 28th May 2016, 1800 UTC
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron: I suggest a server start time around 1430Z, as we'll want a bit of light left when we get to Sarajevo.

It's touch and go whether I make this flight but the server WILL be up. I've had the most horrendous week of it. Built the PC OK but installing W7 on had proved a nightmare. You've never heard such language!

Windows wont close properly nor start properly. I wish I'd never started this.

Hey ho. Onward and upward.

Do you really mean Z or should that read '14:30 Local'?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

All textured and "sceneried" up although the latter took a dozen restarts :help: to get somewhat right ( 1 airport still gives me fits - LDDP). Hope we are on the same level. :Praying:  Just need to know where we're going - maybe a fold'n map from SkyVector will help.. :LMAO:
folding_map_1.gif
Cya tomorrow.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Looks like this Saturday will prompt some light twins…a Baron, Mallard, Shrike, and maybe a Skymaster.

AC_Shrike_N79JS_2.jpg

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

This tour is really cool!  My great grandmother (b. 1859) on my mom's side was born in Zadar!  She married at the age of ~19, and her husband's family estate, Kula Jankovica, is northeast of Zadar, near Lake Novigrad, and has been designated a national historical monument by the Croatian government.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Do you really mean Z or should that read '14:30 Local'?

Hope you can make it Ron, good luck with the PC.  1430Z / 1530 local should be fine, gives us 3.5 hours before dusk so sun should be heading down as we get to Sarajevo.

"sceneried" up although the latter took a dozen restarts :help: to get somewhat right

Sorry to hear that, I didn't have any problems with the scenery except disabling FTX Vector AEC for the three mentioned.

Looks like this Saturday will prompt some light twins…a Baron, Mallard, Shrike, and maybe a Skymaster.

That decides it then, I'll go with the Skymaster (with the MP flooding fix).

My "Miss Mallard" thanks you for the comment! She's all giddy now!   :LMAO:

Given it another go at figuring out the scenery. RIght now it's at FTX EU LC & Global X mesh but with no vector (UTX EU or FTX Vector), just couldn't get any version to work.. A fresh mind & a little coffee just may help.

My problem w/ LDDP was with a little lake & trees on the far end of the runway. Hopefully some vector will get rid of it.

"Generating Scenery File Indexes" 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I'm starting to think I may well get that Shrike. Good lensmanship Roman.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.