Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Problems with my FS2004, help!!!

Hey guys!!I have been a user of FS2004 for a longgg time.I own the PMDG, LevelD and a lot of exciting sceneries from Simflyers.net, Flytampa, etc.There are two issues that are bothering me that I can't find a solution at all so I can fix the problems.When I installed FS2004, I chose to install everything, not for it to run from the CD.Now I have two problems that are becoming a terrible annoyance due to the fact that I can't fix them at all.Problem 1Aircraft Mixture #1 on a multiengine aircraft doesn't work.No matter how much I try to pull it down with the mouse or even joystick it doesn't work. I have tried finding answers everywhere and I can't seem to find it.Any of you guys have seen this issue? If so what is the best solution to fixing this? I really don't want to reinstall everything since my FS2004 is full with sceneries, aircraft, programs that will take a long time to reinstall since my library is so big.Is there a way to overwrite the files for that so it can work?Also another issue.Everytime I fly into a new scenery or airport I installed, FS9 pauses for like 30 seconds (I guesss it's loading scenery or something) but it just takes toooo long. I have a P4, 2.4GHz, 1GB RAM, 128MB NVidia Geforce3 video card and it still takes forever to load. It's annoying cause sometimes I am in the middle of an approach and the sim just stops for like 40 seconds without movement.Any suggestions on what I can do to solve this type of issues?Please let me know the answer to any of those questions if you can help. I will be of great help to me :(.Thanks muchTeo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Problem 1:Are you using a control unit with a mixture lever? (exp. CH yoke). If you do, that lever position overrides your input with mouse.Problem 2:Is that airport scenery happen to be from World Airports? I had that long pause only with their airports (World Airports I). I don't use it anymore and I don't know a fix for it.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Problem 1:I can't use any control unit at all. Not even with the mouse I can move it to idle. With Mixture #2 everything is fine. I can move it with the mouse, ch throttle or whatever I please. For some reason that mixture 1 doesn't work at all, just if I do a E 1 and 2 and then use the keyboard CTRL SHIFT F2 and F3 to control both. Other than that, the Mixture 1 is dead to both mouse and joystick.Problem 2:I don't have World Airports scenery installed. I use Simflyers.net scenery as well as FlyTampa and the like. No scenery packages except for Mexico and others like that.Hope this helps. I am thinking on reformatting the computer but I have so much stuff it will take me a looong time to get it back up and running and I am concerned that it might not fix the problem.Regards,Teo

Teofilo Homsany

ok...let me see...Problem 1:Which twin? Do it just happen in one plane or it's a problem in all twins? I don't have CH throttle so I don't really know. But I'd check the key assignments for the following: Mixture 1 & 2 are assigned to the proper levers and the "mixture" has no assignment. Also there are no keyboard keys assigned to mixtures. This may help clean up any duplicate assignment to mixture. Also, use the CH manager to make sure that all levers are working properly.Problem 2:Again does it happen to all addon airports or just certain ones. If it happens with a lot of airports, I'd try playing with lowers display setting to see which one will help with this problem. I've heard more than once as personal opinions that simflyer airports are badly designed in terms of performance hit but I've never heard of a 30 secs. pause.Just trying to help.Jason

Jason

Jason,Thanks much for trying to help me out.I really appreciate everything.Problem 1:The problem of the mixture 1 not working is in every aircraft, from the Baron, to Aeroworx King Air to pretty much any multiengine aircraft. I checked the keys and they are all fine. I am telling you that I can't even move it with the mouse, which should be normal even if the keys or joystick don't work. There is something very weird there.Problem 2:I will try to lower my display settings to see if there is some difference. It's just very annoying that at some airports this happens. Not all of them, just some, mainly the ones that are add-ons.Regards,Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Problem 1:Is this a problem from day one or after you got your CH throttle? Try removing your CH throttle all together and restart the sim, if still not working remove your yoke & pedals too. Check version of your FSUIPC to make sure it's the latest. Problem 2:40 secs pause on many addon airports...that's not good. How about for default ones? shorter or no pause at all? I guess it's the loading time for all the custom textures for your addons. That's where it gets complicated because there are so many things that concern AGP & texture & latency, etc. Do a key word search of AGP texture and see if you can find some ideas. I guess the goal is eliminating any bottleneck in that department by increasing texture bandwidth...just a thought.Kinda running out of ideas. Sorry you can't enjoy the Kingair. It's great :). Best luck.

Jason

>>Problem 2:>I will try to lower my display settings to see if there is>some difference. It's just very annoying that at some airports>this happens. Not all of them, just some, mainly the ones that>are add-ons.I think your problem is with texture load. If you look at the MS default "average" airports, they are pretty much built with 256x256 textures. The MS detailed airports such as KDFW use 512x512. But I think that addons use many 1024x1024 and these take up a lot of bandwidth loading into video memory. It probably also makes a difference if the textures are compressed (DXT1 or DXT3) or not. I'm not sure how the GF3 cards decompress DXT textures, but that may be an issue as well.scott s..

sounds about right to me. As a general comment, you have a kind of old computer especially that Vcard.

Jason

you might also check that you are running your scenery directly ( not cache)

W10 Pro,   Maximus XI Hero Z390,   i9-9900K@5.0G, Air,   1000 Watt PSU,   G.SKILL RipJaw-V 32GB,   2-RTX2080-Ti's,   Samsung 970 PRO 512GB,   Couple More SSD's,    2-Vast Curved 3440X1440,    2-Asus 27" flats,                 .......Everything MAXED!

Guest william273

i have noticed in the past, for me anyway, that things can get alittle squirrly if the resolution is to high. even though it seems to run ok at a higher resolution at first, later on SOME things don't seem to run properly like certain gauges or instruments seem to be just a little off or moving a tad slower than normal, pauses during approaches and touchdowns, a sleight stutter you think is from using real world weather and a whole lot of other things. ya start thinking there's a bug in something or you're doing something wrong somewhere. anyway, it happened AGAIN to me just the other day. i had been using 1024x768 resolution in the past but tried bumping it up a few resolutions then tested it with real weather at a bust airport and it seemed REALLY good, no problems i couldn't live with. fast foward a few months and there are some strange things going on. the other day i changed back to 1024x768 and EVERYTHING worked! all the quirks are gone. so for me and knowing the limits of what my machine can and cannot do, i will keep it at a comfortable running level which seems to be 1024x768. while maybe not as crisp as higher resolutions, everything does run the way it's supposed to and it looks just fine, nothing i can't live with. i suggest you lower the resolution and see if that makes a difference, if not then crank it back up. good luck, william