Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

WHQL 368.22 is actually a great driver for P3dv 3.2.3

Hmm, i must admit after a reinstall (clean) from 364.72 to 368.22 i see much better performance and less GPU load in heavy weather

I actually do not need NI this time. Only tweak is maximum power setting in Nvidia configuration panel and AM=85.

30-35 FPS in ESSA ORBX today with alot of clouds maxed out and butter smooth in the NGX even with shadows all on receive and RSP 1.1.

Highly recommended

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hmm, i must admit after a reinstall (clean) from 364.72 to 368.22 i see much better performance and less GPU load in heavy weather

I actually do not need NI this time. Only tweak is maximum power setting in Nvidia configuration panel and AM=85.

30-35 FPS in ESSA ORBX today with alot of clouds maxed out and butter smooth in the NGX even with shadows all on receive and RSP 1.1.

Highly recommended

Michael Moe

Thanks been a while since updating this might be a good time - sounds promising 

Rich Sennett

not sure but is this a win10 only driver, it is listed at NVidia that way.

Nick Sciortino

I'm using it with win 7 .no problems here and seems very smooth .i'm using it with a 980 4gb

no problems at all so far

steve

Did y'all install this using Windows updates or manually? I ask because doesn't win 10 auto update everything and if so how would you do a manual update without win 10 interfering and possibly installing a different driver version?

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

not sure but is this a win10 only driver, it is listed at NVidia that way.

It's for Win 7 also (Nvidia).

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Anyone have a good way of updating the driver. I just got a new machine with a 980Ti 6gb card. Been years since Ive done it.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

Did y'all install this using Windows updates or manually? I ask because doesn't win 10 auto update everything and if so how would you do a manual update without win 10 interfering and possibly installing a different driver version?

Download the driver from Nvidia.com directly and install following the prompts.  Windows 10 isn't as invasive as everyone fears.

Anyone have a good way of updating the driver. I just got a new machine with a 980Ti 6gb card. Been years since Ive done it.

The following are the steps that I follow and they work all the time, I hope they help you too:

1. Download the the driver from Nvidia web page for the OS installed on your box

2. Go to GURU 3D and download DDU Display Driver Uninstaller

3.  If you are using Nvidia control panel to handle your AA and Sync and other setting write them down

4. Run DDU and select Safe Boot and full uninstall to fully clean and remove old video drivers.

5. Login in safe mode and DDU will run automatically, reboot and login with normal windows.

6. Run the driver install from Nvidia and make sure you select clean and full install.

7. Reboot, login again and then go to nvidia control panel to enter the settings that work for you.

and that's it.

Borderline

I just let GeForce Experience download and install.  I change with every update and have had no issues. 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

The update for the Nvidia  driver install will pop up in your windows updates but I never install it.

I always use Guru 3d's DDU app to uninstall Nvidia drivers and this cleans the drivers and registry very well and without issues.

If you just keep installing Nvidia updates one after another the registry and system folders get bloated with files and garbage that slows the performance of your GPU.

Make your you select the right drivers for the OS installed in your box and make sure you always run any install as an admin (right click and select admin) to make sure the app or driver installs correctly.

I hope this helps,

Borderline

I just let GeForce Experience download and install.  I change with every update and have had no issues. 

blaustern

That's the simple way, and exactly what I do. Never any problems.

I don't know if a shader folder delete is really necessary, but I've been doing it lately after each new driver and my last shader rebuild greatly improved the graphics quality. Using an EVGA 970 FTW.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."