Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

C-130 has been released

Guest aarskringspier

And now we wait; Im curious to see the reaction. I have no interest in a C130 but will be interesting to see the initial response to it.

Here comes the obligatory flogging of the dead horse :( .As a tester of this lone Beta, I would suggest you run as far away from this release as possible. Unless you like the torture of Beta testing on your own dime and not getting what you paid for in the form of support and patches. I've been on some very high quality Beta teams and the way CS handles their Beta testing amounts to insulting their testers and in the end their customers. A release like this can not, and I repeat CAN NOT be anywhere close to bug free, accurate and up to expectations after 1 beta. The Beta team that CS had was made up of a lot of experienced C-130 people and this just smacks them accross the face. I'll say this again as I've said with the 707. Don't go blaming the Beta testers for a sub par overpriced product as they've been blammed in the past for. The testers can only work with what they're given and in this case it was a pile of doo-doo. A pile with potential in the right hands but it won't get there with CS!Take a stand and keep your wallets closed!Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic

I think I'm gonna grab a six pack, a bag of chips, pull up the comfy chair and watch the comedy/tragedy/drama unfold.this should be entertaining.ricardo

Guest Air-Wales

Well I thought I would give it a go despite everything that has been said about it.Looks like it could be a mistake, tried to instal it but....Number of attempts exeeded the limit.You have entered the wrong order number three times and the system blocked you for an hour. You can try again (not less then in one hour).Thats my first attempt with the order number they supplied!!Not the greatest of starts, but hopefully its just a minor glitch :-grrPhilBoeing 747-400 mechanic

Hi,no wonder they closed there forums looooooong time ago. I'm considering for ages now to setup a "unoffical" Forum for Captains Products. Maybe i should really do to give people a place to discuss there opinions and help each other as CS propably never will have a forum anytime soon.best regards,Jan Schreiber

Guest Captain Sim PR

>Here comes the obligatory flogging of the dead horse :( .>>As a tester of this lone Beta, I would suggest you run as far>away from this release as possible. Unless you like the>torture of Beta testing on your own dime and not getting what>you paid for in the form of support and patches. >>I've been on some very high quality Beta teams and the way CS>handles their Beta testing amounts to insulting their testers>and in the end their customers. A release like this can not,>and I repeat CAN NOT be anywhere close to bug free, accurate>and up to expectations after 1 beta. The Beta team that CS had>was made up of a lot of experienced C-130 people and this just>smacks them accross the face. I'll say this again as I've said>with the 707. Don't go blaming the Beta testers for a sub par>overpriced product as they've been blammed in the past for.>The testers can only work with what they're given and in this>case it was a pile of doo-doo. A pile with potential in the>right hands but it won't get there with CS!>>Take a stand and keep your wallets closed!>>Cheers,>>John>>Boeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic>Dear Friends,thanks for your interes in our products.Just a brief information:John (AKA Boeng_Fixer) is not CS current tester. Yes, he received the very C-130 first beta in August. But since we did not receive any bug reports from him, he has been dismissed from the beta team. Therefore, he has not recived betas #2 and #3 that had been tested extensively by number of highly qualified testes. The above means, John's comments on the C-130 product do not have any ground to be considered seriously. If the community is interesed in seing real feedback from real customers we will open the C-130 Customers Survey similar to: http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/question...&action=results

Guest mikealpha

>> If the community is interesed in seing real feedback from real customers we will open the C-130 Customers Survey similar toExcuse me, but such a survey says nothing, as you could just fill it yourself (theoretically of course). How do we know the results come from real users ?If you want to provide the community with "real" feedback, you need to run a forum and allow everyone to read the feedback.I very much got the impression, you guys pulled the plug with your forum, because the 707 feedback was too negative (for well justified reason). Mike

>Dear Friends,> tested extensively by number of highly>qualified testes. >As a graduate of a very fine catholic school, where Latin was taught, I am pondering the use of the word "testes" in the above post. ricardo

Guest FattyBear

I think I'll just take John's word for it. You don't even sign your name and your nick is "CaptainSimPR". That sends a message loud and clear that you are just part of a crummy company. I hope you can at least find the decency to give your customers the patches I am sure this thing is gonna need.

Guest panda234

those are the things that were getting squeezed when the forums were open...billg

Dear Captain-Sim PR...Would it not be better PR to help the two people who bought the Herc. and who can't install it rather than rubbishing one of your (Ex) Beta Testes.he said Testes!!! Fnar Fnar.It,s hard to take this all seriously.Jim Harris EGNX