Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

C-130 has been released

>I'm not a real pilot so I can't comment on FDE, etc.>But model, panel and vc visual quality is amazing so you can't>really say that CS is like Perfect Flight..:-) >Yeah, but how does it FLY - do the systems work as advertised. Cold and dark possible? Etc. etc. The 707 is nice to look at, too....ricardo

>Yeah, but how does it FLY - do the systems work as advertised.>Cold and dark possible? Etc. etc. >>The 707 is nice to look at, too....I just said that visuals are amazing so many people will buy it no matter how's the FDE, etc.I'm not defending CS.. I'm just saying that model quality is one of the best ever done for FS. That's why you can't really compare it to PF;)

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

$41 for one model, $51 for 3...extra skins/models at extra cost?Captain Sim can take this plane and shove it up their you know what! Ive lost all respect for CS.

Pete,Sorry for not getting back it was 1 am for me so bed was calling. Plenty of info on performance in the other thread now I think. I'm glad I bought her!Jackhttp://www.dolphin-star.net/TCA/Paintshop/ybanner_tca_FM.jpgIntel P4 3.06Ghz 533FSB HT| 2GB Corsair 333Mhz PC2700 DDR | Asus P4P800 Deluxe | 2 x 120GB Maxtor ATA-133| Sapphire ATI 9800pro 128MB | Creative Audigy 2

Jack Ford

Downloaded this in 9 minutes, loaded it in 2 minutes started FS and off I went. All of that with no fuss whatesoever. Less than 15 minutes and got these screenies :)http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...15370&mode=fullTim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

>Hi Everyone,>>After being left HIGH-AND-DRY with the B707, I'm not touching>this addon aircraft, regardless of the cost!!!.>>You want me back as a customer, FIX the 707!.I agree 707 need some Fix... Pity as it is a nice model but with some problems above all with the altitude in my case and some other;)>>

Well done Tim,Thanks for the info, all without nastiness and rancour... Amazing!!Chris Porter:-outta:Edit - And excellent pics, thanks for sharing. The visual model looks great.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I for one, have NOT bought it, as I am suppose to recieve a copy for being a beta tester -- which I have yet to recieve, but that's a different set of problems.I only know of one beta -- the one I participated in. Should any of you have been involved in a second or third beta, please say so, as to my knowledge, only one beta was produced. I sent in more than a dozen bug reports and sat and waited for a response from CS. The ONLY thing I got was an e mail saying the Beta session was over!If there was a second beta, (and believe me it needed one), then I was either left out because of a mistake, or left out because I state my mind -- which in either case is ok, as I have more than enough aircraft and one more isn't going to make or break my FS time.What I do hope, (and none of this has been sour grapes, as I like to think to myself that I am above that), is that the CS team did fix all the problems with the product we got as a beta and did pay attention to the testers, as I saw a ton of very good advice on the testers forum . . . these guys were serious and knew their stuff and wanted this aircraft to be a huge success. Time will tell -- just my opinion, but for the price, it should end up being on the level of PMDG or Level D -- and if it isn't, then CS needs to do some serious patch work or just forget about the aftermarket aircraft market for FS.Again, time will tell and as I stated before, I do hope they have done it right this time and not a rehash of the 707.Best to allClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

>Hi Everyone,>>After being left HIGH-AND-DRY with the B707, I'm not touching>this addon aircraft, regardless of the cost!!!.>>You want me back as a customer, FIX the 707!.>>Absolutely !!! I'm 100% with Mike on this one.

John Sark

Not impressed so far....Got the 'tried three time, so sod off for an hour' message first time I entered the register code. Not third time, but first time.So now I'm stuck waiting to be able to register it.And I'm having to come here to whinge about it as there isn't any Captain Sim forums to go to - not a good sign.There is no excuse for any software company not to have a forum these days.Is there a browser setting that is stopping it?Is it my Firewall software?Who knows, as there is no support forum to get the answers from or to check FAQ's on.

Waite a minute, this is not good. Clay's a beta tester for the C-130 and has no idea the situation of the final release nor has he received his copy. There's something very wrong when beta testers aren't getting good feedback from a developer in question or shall I say in the loop of the project. Clay is a well respected member of this community and for him as a beta tester not to fully know what's going on with CS is troubling.... It's really telling me something about CaptainSim's work ethic and product when very well respected members of this community are left to wonder about something they were supposed to be apart of... :-hmmm

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, OK, installed properly, no sweat, configured the aircraft I wanted to fly -- I HAVE NOT READ THE MANUAL, however I do have an idea after beta testing this thing how to get it running and how it should fly.Took it out for a quick spin, lots of stuff has been fixed, lots of nice new items, it seems to fly right and do all the things a 130 should do, but then again, I've only spent an hour with it and have not exactly followed procedures.Will go through the manuals tonight and fly it some more, but from initial flight, my thinking right now is this could be a winner . . . maybe . . .if all things work like they should.I know this, it flies alot better than the beta!Best,clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Hi Clay,Well, that's good to hear. I would be interested in your honest opinion after you've had some time to fly it. Just because I decided not to test for CS anymore doesn't mean I wouldn't give this a try if it's worth it. Caviet being, is if it needs patches, I will think hard.Oh, but then again, they did lie about the extra Betas, my Beta reports and me leaving the Beta test in an effort to discredit me. Hmmm....Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic

Guest Grizzly_Air

In order to be honest, I admit I own ALL of Captain Sim's products. I have purchased their products from day one. I had the L-39 and Konotop and the Red Air Force training school photo CD, so I like their products.I bought the 707 after a long wait, luckily, I missed all of whatever issues were seen, because I like it. Now I have the C-130, and I LOVE it. I have never received anything from Captain Sim for free. Also I have never been a beta tester. I buy their products because they DO get it right, even if it takes some patches, they have busted their rear ends to get a good product out. FLAME ON you flamers...I don't mind. I like these guys and their aircraft. I have waited 3 years for this plane. Been excited for it after I saw a certain Flight Engineer's flight video from Kodiak to Guam...(thanks Dave)Loving the C-130!!!c130-testpilot.gif