Sign in to follow this  
RW1

Active Sky Weather Engine Preview

Looks interesting... nice fluffy clouds.

tpewpb-6.png

It's probably about time they came out with a new version rather than just free updates.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

It looks great...really great...but what happens when you fly in them?  Zero visability, I hope. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

It's probably about time they came out with a new version rather than just free updates.

It includes Textures as well so it seems!! REX might have a new kid on the block...!!!

tpewpb-6.png

I guess I'm not sure what's exciting about it?

looks like a lot of what I see now?

• Upvote 3

"Textures will be automatically installed and updated dynamically as long as ASCA is running". And I'm sure that is based on real world weather conditions were your aircraft is at. 'Nough said, take my money!!

Eric 

"Textures will be automatically installed and updated dynamically as long as ASCA is running". And I'm sure that is based on real world weather conditions were your aircraft is at. 'Nough said, take my money!!

What is ASCA?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I am purely guessing off what I saw in the video, Active Sky Climate Automation??

Eric 

I'm pretty sure that I noticed a few cloud textures that caught my attention, a couple of pretty tall thunder heads that I haven't seen depicted as well before. Active sky use to offer textures, AS 2012...(about 2007?) then they dropped the textures. Maybe they have snagged a new artist.  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Looks like they beat REX to the punch.

It want long ago that REX had announced a similar project that was going to be able to load different textures on the fly but now the Hifi folks have done it first and actually have something to show.

Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What is ASCA?

At 01:39, the title of the window says 'Active Sky Cloud Art'.

It's pretty inefficient that we have two run two different weather programs, one for the engine and one for textures. This is a great idea, looking forward to it.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Didnt the textures load abruptly than a smooth transition to the new weather data?

Didnt the textures load abruptly than a smooth transition to the new weather data?

I saw that, hopefully that will be smoothed out. That sudden abrutness was very noticeable and an immersion killer.

Eric