Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

TrackIR - Two thumbs way up!

Guest ScottPilot

Just went to the Track IR web site and I can't order one!!!! It says their out of stock!Bummer, I guess I will have to wait :-( Scott

Guest jgreth123

The one downside to the hat that comes with the TrackIR when using Vector clip is the sensor material on the center-brim of the hat. It interferes with reading sometimes.What I mean is, if you turn left, sometimes the view will 'snap' out of place until you turn your head back. What it's doing is reading the center ( sensor material on hat ) as though it's one of the 2 bottom sensors on the clip.To remedy this, use either 1) any hat but the hat they give you, or 2) Cover up the material somehow, until I got a replacement hat, I actually put some folded paper ( held down by the clip ) over the center section to cover it up.Another thing you need to be careful of is any bright lights behind you. If you have a light directly behind you ( in view of the tracking device ) it can pick that up. Also the same goes for if the sun shines in your room on to an object behind you. That all being said, TrackIR is the single best investment I made into Flight Simulator. I can't fly without it. 2-D ? What's that? I fly EXCLUSIVELY from the VC.I, also, am not affiliated with TrackIR, but I'll definately attest to it's success. It's the single best investment I've made in Flight Simulator.Get it.

For those that are worried about having to hold your head still for long periods, there is a precision mode (accessed by F8 by default) that puts a larger null zone in the middle of the movement range. So you can move your head a little without changing the view.Me, I prefer not to use it, as I find maximum responsiveness is essential when trying to drop the B200 on the tarmac. I have been using the TrackIR3 system for 10 months now and never fly without it. It still surprises me to find others are not aware or not convinced of how good it is...Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

I don't know how it compares-but I have cam2pan which uses a web cam to follow your head movements and do the same. If you have a webcam it may be a cheaper solution, as you only have to get the sofware.Looks like they are selling it now for $9.95.http://www.mousevision.com/game/http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

I don't know how the mousevision works against the Track IR, but I have read comments from other folks that have tried similiar camera products vs the Track IR and they say there is no comparison, the Track IR comes out way ahead. I don't know, but I assume you don't get the 6 Degrees of Freedom (Vector) movement like you can with the Track IR. Granted there is a huge price difference.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest dswo

>I don't know how it compares-but I have cam2pan which uses a>web cam to follow your head movements and do the same. If you>have a webcam it may be a cheaper solution, as you only have>to get the sofware.Looks like they are selling it now for>$9.95.Cam2Pan works well enough to be frustrating. There's a free demo, so try it out. While you're doing that, start saving up for TrackIR. In my experience, TrackIR performs what Cam2Pan only promises. One reason is hardware: Cam2Pan uses a lot more of your CPU to process the camera image than TrackIR does, and in a CPU-intensive application like FS9, that creates hiccups. E.g., when something happens in the sim that grabs more of the CPU's attention (say, a voice message from ATC), Cam2Pan will "lose" your face. This never happens with TrackIR -- it just works, period.

Guest christian

>The one downside to the hat that comes with the TrackIR when>using Vector clip is the sensor material on the center-brim of>the hat. It interferes with reading sometimes.They should put this in bold letters on the hat and the manual!!! Or fix the hat in the first place! I have the 'snapping' problem and this really is the only problem I found to an otherwise perfect product.Actaully, I have one small other problem (maybe to do with the hat also, I'll try that). I find it virtually impossible to lean over the yoke to read hidden instruments, or to look down at an almost 90% angle. Instead Track-IR likes to move forward (instead of angling down) - although I'm not moving my head forward.Anymore tips from experienced users? I love Track-IR very much, just would be great to get rid of those two problems...Cheers,Christian