Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

CTD with 3.2

Hi guys,

I upgraded to 3.2 and I get CTDs in every flight.

P3D simply stops working.

Today I got this fault in Eventviewer:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.2.3.16769, time stamp: 0x56df48ce
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.306, time stamp: 0x571afb9a
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000bdae8
Faulting process id: 0xfa8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1b8aa396c1e40
Faulting application path: C:\Prepar3Dv3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: dc45a192-bda9-4dd2-883d-9831d0781d61
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Anyone an idea what is going wrong?
Or do you need any more information?

Best regards,
Stefan

Just saw that it may be a graphics driver problem... I am trying 362.xx now and will report back.

Nope, didn't fix it :-(

P3D simply closes and I do not get any fault at all after installing the NVIDIA drivers.

No entry in AppCrashViewer....

About 20 minutes into the flight P3d simply closes.

• Upvote 1

Do you have UIAutomationCore.dll in your P3D root folder ?

Artur 

There are several possible solutions for this crash in the AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature).  I am positive you have a corrupted user profile.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There are several possible solutions for this crash in the AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature).  I am positive you have a corrupted user profile.

I was getting no CTD with the Aerosoft Airbus so I assumed the PMDG 777 is the troublemaker here.

So I reinstalled it but I messed up my installation :-D

I will go for a clean install now and hope to solve it this way.

I will go for a clean install now and hope to solve it this way.

At least you have a nice system....

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

At least you have a nice system....

You are right, and a lot of work ;-D

Thanks for your help.

I installed everything again and did 2 test flights. The first one from Munich to Dubai crashed again after about 1 hour with a "ai_xxxxx.dll" error  (cannot temember the exact name.

The second one was ok, but I did not use FS2CREW or GSX and also deactivated Salzburg and Vienna Scenery as they are "on the way" to Dubai.

Guess I have to do some more tests if it is working now.

Thanks again for your help!

The first one from Munich to Dubai crashed again after about 1 hour with a "ai_xxxxx.dll" error (cannot temember the exact name.

This might have been the uiautomationcore.dll.  This file is part of the Microsoft.net packages.  I hope you did not put a version of the uiautomationcore.dll in your P3D main folder as that will cause a crash.  P3D users install old programs made for FSX and these old programs used a different version of the Microsoft.net packages.  For FSX, you need Microsoft.net 2.2 and many addons need Microsoft.net 3.0 and 3.5.  Some of these older addons were also developed using Microsoft Visual 2005 w/SP1 and 2008 w/SP1.  P3D does not automatically install these as it uses the latest versions.  It does not hurt to install all of them.  P3D and your addons will use the version it needs to run the addon.  Microsoft.net's and Microsoft Visuals are not backward compatible for the most part so I think it is wise to have them installed.  The AVSIM CTD Guide has the links and more information.

You can see what versions of Microsoft Visuals are installed by looking in the Add/Remove Programs.  For Microsoft.nets, look in C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework for all of the versions installed.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

"I hope you did not put a version of the uiautomationcore.dll in your P3D main folder as that will cause a crash"

Jim, in fact quite opposite advice is given by PMDG ( their manual for 777 P3D version ).

Artur 

Well, I strongly disagree with their recommendation.  I have been running P3D, all versions, under Windows 7 since it first came out and have never had this type of crash.  In FSX, it only applies to menu crashes whereas you have to click on a menu while running any aircraft for at least 19 times.  Strongly recommend you remove it.

Submit News to AVSIM

I do NOT use the uiautomationcore.dll.

Never did in P3D... Only back in the FS9 days :-)

I do not have time at the moment to do further tests as I will go to the ILA in Berlin this weekend and see all the planes in real life!

There will be an A380, brandnew from Emirates, an A350-900, an A320neo, A Boeing 747-400 and a -8... Looking forward to the weekend! :-))))

Hi again.

Back from Berlin.

I made one flight before Berlin from LSZH to EDDM and everything worked fine.

I bought Aerosoft EDDF today and I am on my way to OMDB with EK44.

Until now, about 3 hours into the flight no problems!

Seems the reinstall did the trick for me.

PS: For those interested, some pics from Berlin:

http://www.pic-upload.de/gal-969435/wxe9jq/1.html

Hi again,

after doing 2 flights - one with the Bus, one with the 777 - from Frankfurt to Vienna and Munich to Frankfurt it seems like everything is working.

So reinstalation did the trick for me.

Not the best solution - but it's working so I am happy. 

Glad to hear everything is working properly again.  Let's hope it continues to work properly for you.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM