Sign in to follow this  
mmcwill1

EZCA vs FSX View System

Someone suggested above that you exclude the EZCA folder from being scanned in Windows Defender. Have you tried this?

I was having the same problem, icon disappearing etc. It worked fine up until about a week ago when I updated Windows 10. And sure enough when I created an exclusion in Windows Defender the problem was gone.

Boy, I had my fingers crossed on this one, I though for sure this would be the answer, but unfortunately no.  I disabled all scanning and notifications in Norton, but still no luck.  May try at some point to uninstall Norton and go strictly with Defender, but I guess that will have to be for another day.  Again, thanks for the tip...

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

Just a thought but in Norton make sure you exclude both virus scanning and Sonar protection for all EZCA folders. I've done that and EZCA works OK with Norton.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

Just a thought but in Norton make sure you exclude both virus scanning and Sonar protection for all EZCA folders. I've done that and EZCA works OK with Norton.

Thanks for the post.  Yea, I excluded both.  EZCA working fine with Windows 10 and Norton before the last 2 Windows 10 builds.  I've posted a note with Microsoft in their Feedback app, we'll see what happens with subsequent builds.  

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

Sorry mate, I was 110% certain adding the ezca.exe file to the exclusion list would solve it, because your symptoms sound exactly like the ones I was having, and in and around the same time period.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Hey Neal! Are you installing Insider builds on the fast ring?

Mike McWilliams

Hey Neal! Are you installing Insider builds on the fast ring?

I've no idea what you mean, mate. So the answer to your question is probably "no" lol

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I've no idea what you mean, mate. So the answer to your question is probably "no" lol

:smile: Well the good news is that we'll know how well the next "official" version of Windows 10 works!  I'm hoping that this issue gets fixed during the next couple of "Insider" builds.  If anyone is interested in how the Insider program works, you can read about it here:  https://insider.windows.com/.  My experience has been that short of the issue with EZCA, each build improves the Windows experience.  But if someone would have told me that one of the builds would break EZCA, I would have just stuck with the "final" version of Windows.  I'll keep everyone posted...

Mike McWilliams

I just want to join to say that I was an insider for several years now and yes ... with one of the latest insider builds EZDOK refused to work.

I also tried all possible solutions (Simconnect, Defender etc.) but no luck.

Have you found this thread:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-does-not-work-with-win10-build-14342_topic55712.html

and tried that solution?

http://www.simforums.com/forums/workaround-win10-insider-ezdok-fix_topic55813.html

I haven't tried the solution as I reinstalled my OS and stayed out of the insider program.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Solved.  Wish I would have checked on this earlier but found the solution over at simforums.com.  I can validate that the fix worked for me.

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/workaround-win10-insider-ezdok-fix_topic55813.html

Mike McWilliams

Glad to hear it Mike. So it seems there are 2 parts to getting it working. My "1 part" suggestion worked for me because I've since checked my system and I already had Windows error reporting disabled from before. I didn't realise at the time, but when I read your post today I went and checked it out.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Yea, such and obscure solution.  I hope Microsoft addresses this when Windows 10 Anniversary comes out!

Mike McWilliams