Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

Track IR video KSFO

Guest MJ

I saw the Track IR post and thought I'd post a video I made a few days ago of me messing around at KSFO. I had a lot of fun flying and making the vid - I hope you like it too!http://www.mikejgolfdesign.com/KSFOfun.wmvSeriously though it's about the best addon I ever purchased for FS9 and I can't fly anything that doesn't have a great VC these days.

Guest flight78

WOWOWOWOW !!! now thats AMAZING !! i really think im gona have to buy Track IR now seams great !!!. BTW what addon aircraft is that ur using there?? any link would be apriciated ! :). Welcome to the forums of Avsim hope to see alot more of u in the future :).Take care !Best regards.Alexander

yeah right. Just when I thought I was finally happy with my sim you jumped out with your video.Thanks for ruining my day!just kidding...it's a nice one! Did you post your computer specs.?Fun title too...how to lose your liscense in 40 secs. :) I'd change that to "How to lose your life in 40 secs", either to those hangar doors or to a screaming F-16.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest MJ

Thanks for the comments, I've been a lurker here for ages and usually post my flight sim stuff at a small private forum. I have a high spec computer a 4200+ with a 7800gtx which allows me to take fraps videos without things getting bogged down too much.Glad you liked it - plane is the fantastic freeware Eagle and the Airport is KSFO by Flytampa.

Cool video, which TrackIR should I get? What does 120 FPS and 80 FPS mean, does it give you better frame rates? And what does the expansion do?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

80fps means that the TrackIR will catch 80 frames per second - simplified: the sensor will take 80 pictures per second to capture the position of your head. 120fps means it'll catch 120 frames per second, making the movement more accurate. HOWEVER: Your FS probably just gets about 30fps anyway, so the standard version works just fine with FS9.The Vector expansion adds zoom and tilt features (yaw, pitch, roll).Check it out at http://www.edimensional.com

Hey awesome video MJ!! I guess that is what I'm getting for Christmas! :-) Very smooth video...that is how flightsimming should be for everybody.

Gents, I got this very basic question ...How does the sensor work to detect your head movement? Is your monitor's screen somehow involved here?. I wonder because I have a big Fresnel lens (mounted in a large cardboard housing) in front of my screen so I wonder if this device would work.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Take a look over at http://www.edimensional.com - they have excellent videos for you to see it in action.Basically, the TrackIR sensor is an small USB device that usually sits on top of your monitor, like a webcam, and tracks a reflective dot that you have to wear (most people use a baseball cap).You can calibrate the TrackIR (if fact, you don't have to do anything, since the factiry settings are wonderful) that a slight movement in any direction will cause the picture in FS to turn 90deg. So, you just have to turn your head maybe 5deg to look out of your right window in FS.

Guest koorby

>Thanks for the comments, I've been a lurker here for ages and>usually post my flight sim stuff at a small private forum. I>have a high spec computer a 4200+ with a 7800gtx which allows>me to take fraps videos without things getting bogged down too>much.>>Glad you liked it - plane is the fantastic freeware Eagle and>the Airport is KSFO by Flytampa.Mike, that's probably one of the best videos I've seen made using FS2004 without a doubt. I'm referring the the scene setups, the great angles and use of the scenery. Also the smoothness of the wmv is excellent! Well done!Without revealing too many trade secrets, what video editing tools did you use and which WMV codec was used at what compression rates? I can't believe the clarity and lack of stuttering - something I try hard to do with my videos.Also, I know you're using KSFO FlyTampa, but what is the extended scenery? Is it MegaScenery SF, BEV or some other terrain package? It looks superb anyway.I hope you don't mind me asking all these Q's - I have to say it's the best of the best I have seen :)

How do you mount it on an LCD monitor?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Mike,What settings are you using for the video card? I have the exact same system (4200+ X2, 2GB, 7800GTX) and mine looks good but it isn't that good - what are your FS sliders and the vid card options set to? Any other tweaks you're using?Thanks!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest MJ

I've got most settings maxed out and the graphics card had full AA and AF enabled. I don't see any reason why yours shouldn't look as good. Mines a XFX pre overclocked card but I don't think it would make that much difference to the FPS than a stock GTX.Koorby asked what stuff I used to make the video:Fraps capturing at full screen 1280x1024, I think the original file for that turned out at about a 650 meg avi file.Ran it through window movie maker 2 which is nice and easy althoughprobably not that powerful compared to the pro packages.Saved it out as a 'video for local playback' 2.1 mbps NTSCGlad you like the vid :)