Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Will I have to reinstall everything from my one month subscription?

I bought p3d v3.2 for one month license to check everything out, I love it and it works well.

next month when my license runs out and I buy a full version, will I have to reinstall everything again? (like all my scenery, planes, etc)

Ciao!

Yes it is a different download and license. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

A new download and license yes, but you should be able to retain all of your custom scenery and aircraft. You should of course backup your scenery.cfg file so you won't have to redo it, but otherwise it should be relatively painless.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Not sure that's true...

If you are just going from a developer license to the standard professional then don't you just enter the new license details when it pops up and says the current month has expired?

There is only one prepar3d v3 download on the download page isn't there? I thought it was the same version for all licenses apart from maybe pro plus?

Chris

With the devel license, when the time comes, you are told that the license is invalidated. You then just buy a new one and enter it in the registration window of P3D. No need to reinstall. 

LORBY-SI

Not sure that's true...

If you are just going from a developer license to the standard professional then don't you just enter the new license details when it pops up and says the current month has expired?

There is only one prepar3d v3 download on the download page isn't there? I thought it was the same version for all licenses apart from maybe pro plus?

Chris

That's not what my experience was . Required a new download and reactivation. Where did you get your information from ? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Shouldn't LM be able to tell you on their Forum?  They are quite good at answering questions about their licensing requirements.

Shouldn't LM be able to tell you on their Forum?  They are quite good at answering questions about their licensing requirements.

I just went through this last spring, but I guess some people want to tell me that I am wrong.... LOL

My understanding is that the Developer subscription is also the Professional version so if buying a Professional licence it should be enough to just enter the new licence details when the subscription expires.

Buying the Academic version will probably result in needing a new install though.

My understanding is that the Developer subscription is also the Professional version so if buying a Professional licence it should be enough to just enter the new licence details when the subscription expires.

Buying the Academic version will probably result in needing a new install though.

Here is step by step what I did when switching from the one month Developer license to Academic.  I then purchased the Academic licences after the first month,  and at the same time I emailed LM and asked them how to install it. They replied telling me I needed to download the academic license because it was different than the 1 month license. I then was instructed to uninstall the one month license. After uninstalling, I then was told to install the Academic license and activate it .  I don't know how to make it any clearer than that.  :fool:

They replied telling me I needed to download the academic license because it was different than the 1 month license. I then was instructed to uninstall the one month license.

Isn't that what I just said ?

Here is step by step what I did when switching from the one month Developer license to Academic.  I then purchased the Academic licences after the first month,  and at the same time I emailed LM and asked them how to install it. They replied telling me I needed to download the academic license because it was different than the 1 month license. I then was instructed to uninstall the one month license. After uninstalling, I then was told to install the Academic license and activate it .  I don't know how to make it any clearer than that.  :fool:

ok, so you uninstall pro one month version.. install the acedemic version, activate it... THEN:

did you have to reinstall all of your scenery, addons and planes? or ??

Ciao!

ok, so you uninstall pro one month version.. install the acedemic version, activate it... THEN:

did you have to reinstall all of your scenery, addons and planes? or ??

I reinstalled aircraft, and the scenery I had UTX mainly plus add ons like ASN. 

The developer licensed version is the same as the professional licensed version. It is NOT the same as the academic licensed version. So, if you are moving from developer to professional, then you most likely need to do nothing, but if you are moving from developer to academic it will require an uninstall, new download and install.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69