Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

BEST AI aircraft performance for FS2004

I of course like to have lots of AI aircraft present at busy airports in FS, and I mainly use Project AI's files, which are excellent as well as free. But at the busier airports, a lot of time my framerates drop to a crawl despite having a pretty decent system, and even after setting skies to clear and turning off GA traffic.So my question is: Which AI traffic provides the best overall experience for FS?? AI Aardvark planes probably have the best visual models and they have many LOD's, but if I were to replace my PAI models with aardvark's would my performance decrease in areas of high traffic density? FS Traffic I've heard has pretty good performance but to be honest the models don't really look good, and it's payware. What about FS Painter, CDAI, etc; how do they compare? Thanks,Scott

AI models do affect FPS a great deal. PAI models are definitely not the best in that sense. AI Aardvark is the best. CDAI is very good as well and there are other models too. The right thing to do is to find the best model for each airplane and put them together. But we are probably talking about a HUGE job.I use a package put together by my friends. They use a combination of the best models (PAIs as well for planes that lack better alternatives, the A320 for example) and MRAI flight plans. I also use UltimateGA packages. Head over to simflight forum and ask for help with your AI. That's where my friends hang out and they'd most likely be glad to share their AI package with you. They saved me 3 months of my time doing AI myself :)Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I agree. Aardvark for all your Boeings and MD's. Best lookg and best performing.FSP still make the best airbusses at the moment and they are good on FPS.CDAI for all your regionals.I only use PAI for ATR's and other "filler" planes and hard to find planes.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

>So my question is: Which AI traffic provides the best overall>experience for FS?? AI Aardvark planes probably have the best>visual models and they have many LOD's, but if I were to>replace my PAI models with aardvark's would my performance>decrease in areas of high traffic density?On the contrary. Your performance will increase. Lots of well done LODs mean the processor has less work to do to display lots of planes at an airport. To see how that works look here: http://www.ai-aardvark.com/modeling/LOD_101/aia_LOD.htmlSee also their FAQ, esp. question No.2:http://www.ai-aardvark.com/FAQ/aardvark_FAQ.html

Thanks to all of you for your quick responses, I'll definitely have to go ask the guys at SimFlight about that AI package. Many thanks for the tips!-Scott

And I saw at Simflight forum that your request has been answered. It's a great package. I used to use Ultimate traffic before switching to their package. The difference is night and day. Much better look, much more planes for the same traffic percentage and most importantly MUCH better FPS.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest jerrycwo4

I'm finnaly really happy with my AI. I was using My Traffic 2004 v 2.1 which INCLUDES military aircraft but then leaned about all of the "bells and whistles" in the new 2005 Traffic which has helos, but NO military traffic. I then added the Military version of My Traffic from simMarket.com and now I have the best of both worlds. jerrycwo4

>AI models do affect FPS a great deal. PAI models are>definitely not the best in that sense. AI Aardvark is the>best. CDAI is very good as well and there are other models>too. The right thing to do is to find the best model for each>airplane and put them together. But we are probably talking>about a HUGE job.>>I use a package put together by my friends. They use a>combination of the best models (PAIs as well for planes that>lack better alternatives, the A320 for example) and MRAI>flight plans. I also use UltimateGA packages. >>Head over to simflight forum and ask for help with your AI. >That's where my friends hang out and they'd most likely be>glad to share their AI package with you. They saved me 3>months of my time doing AI myself :)>>JasonYour "Friends" Have posted a link to a direct download of an unauthorized package of freeware AI Aircraft and textures at Simflight forums. I'm sure the designers would not appreciate their work being repackaged and redistributed like that.Matt Fox

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

So have you read this Jason?"DO NOT UPLOAD ANY PAI MATERIAL (PACKAGES, MODELS, ETC) TO ANY OTHER SITE THAN PAI, NOR HOST ANY PAI MATERIAL ON NON PAI SERVERS"Hard to miss that wrote in yellow on PAI's mainpage. And if you d/l a file from PAI, you see this in the EULA:"User may not distribute the Freeware.User may not modify, translate, or make derivative works of the Freeware Product without explicit written consent from ProjectAI."Spooky's childish response on those simFlight's forum:"not doing anything anyone else couldnt do, we're just saving the people the work of doing it all, everything in the zip is all freeware available from all the usual sites, we dont take credit for anything in the zip except the work of puting it all together, so there is no reason for anyone to cry about it....we arent charging anything for any of it"He is intentionally breaking the agreements in the EULA, and that's just PAI I'm talking about. No worse than FSPlanet. We need people like this as shunned from our community as possible. We need to take a stand against ANY form of piracy and EULA neglect. Respect the author's wishes or MAKE YOUR OWN files. Please.-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

>He is intentionally breaking the agreements in the EULA, and>that's just PAI I'm talking about. No worse than FSPlanet. We>need people like this as shunned from our community as>possible. We need to take a stand against ANY form of piracy>and EULA neglect. Respect the author's wishes or MAKE YOUR OWN>files. Please.>>-Jeremy BurchThe fact that this person is allowed to post this at Simflight.com also says a lot about Simflight.com. That person has 6,000 posts in the Simflight.com forums so obviously is a regular and well connected somehow to the owner.Simflight.com used to be one of the few flightsim related websites that I respected, no longer.Matt Fox