Sign in to follow this  
DaveWhite

Scenery not tracking properly

I have FS9 installed with win10. everything looks and works great, including framerate. The only problem I have is the scenery is off by approx 12 degrees to the right of center line. The FMC and everything else is working correctly. For example, if I am sitting and the end of rwy 24L at LAX with my nose pointed down the centerline I should be sitting at heading 250-251. But my instriments show me at 262. The FMC is correct and the display shows the rwy correctly and the plane pointing about 12 degrees to the right. When in flight, the plane flys the correct flight path, except the nose is pointed 12 degrees off the center line. It looks as though the plane is crabing due to a high cross wind. Has anyone else experenced this, and of so, is there a fix in the cfg file or somewhere else? I would reallly hate to have to uninstall all of my many add-ons and do a fresh install. 

Have you tried this with other aircraft? Have you tried this with other airports?

Have tried pressing spacebar?

Hi Dave, have you updated your magdec.bgl file? If not, it'll be in Scenery/Base/Scenery, dated 2003. This file contains the world magnetic variations which do change over time. The current (2016) update can be download here:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/hfiles/MagDec_Update.zip

too answer both posts, this happens with all aircraft, and will all airports. A32xx, I tried your fix but, it did not work. I think I will have to start with a clean install, and do one add-on at a time and see if that might be the problem. Thanks anyway.

I had the exact problem once with FS2002. It was a bad scenery which I had installed. Once I uninstalled this scenery it was back to normal

Steve

STOP !!!

Before you do a re-install, take the magdec file and put a copy of it in a new folder named scenery. Then place that folder in a new folder named magdec. Place the magdec folder into the existing addon scenery folder and add the folder to the scenery library. Keep it at the top of the library screen so it is a higher priority than any other scenery. Restart FS9 and test.

Peter Schluter