Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

The Importance of the Center Line

Proof positive that the centerline is your friend. SAA 747-100 retiring to Rand Airport. 50 foot wide runway (747-100 has 41.33 foot tire to tire width.

Guest ba747heavy

That is an insane runway to try and put a 744 down on. Amazing piece of flying as far as I am concerned.

Guest Philip Olson

What are you talking about, I could land that in my sleep! Yes, only in my dreams could I nail that landing! :-lol Wow, very impressive! Thanks a million for the pics Tom!!!Take care,Philip OlsonI'm the luckiest man in the world, my girl friend has a yoke and rudder pedals! Eat your hearts out!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest bisinchi

That is amazing!!I didn't realise 50ft wide runway could sustain 747 operations!!Francois

impressive flying indeed! - obviously they know their aircraft inside out:) - can't imagine what that rwy looked like on approach!!regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

"impressive flying indeed! - obviously they know their aircraft inside out - can't imagine what that rwy looked like on approach!!"Probably looked like the centerline of most runways they land on :-lol

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Very impressive, and to add...The following is a quote from Captian Dennis Spence, the PIC of the aircraft...---quote------------------------------------------------------------The aircraft empty weight was 164 000kg and we had 20 000kg fuel on board. The aircraft was TOTALLY airworthy and every component was serviceable, it even has toilet paper in all the toilets!!!!!We had a snag before start with the PMS (Performance Management Computer) so one was ordered from stores and it was fitted before we departed.Take-off weight was 183 000 kg and the V1/VR speed was 125 kts. Max thrust was 1.6 EPR but we de-rated to 1.55. We applied nearly max thrust on the brakes and it had acceleration that made the M3 drivers look like they were standing still. We rotated just after intersection Lima, some 3000 ft from the beginning of 03 Left, and climbed away with a body angle of nearly 30