Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Gawd...Australia SP3 (Orbx) is just gorgeous!

From one end of the continent, to the other...and so diverse.  The grand sweep of the beaches...the interior, the tropical, I could spend months flying over it, and still discover.  John V....well done...well done...

Salute!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A morning departure over a grand-swept beach....food for the Soul...

P3D v3.2.3 ASN,REX 4 D, R.S.P.

2016_5_29_6_23_49_600.png

2016_5_29_6_26_47_428.png

2016_5_29_6_27_3_796.png

2016_5_29_6_43_43_644.png

2016_5_29_7_6_28_839.png

2016_5_29_7_10_30_513.png

2016_5_29_7_21_56_311.png

2016_5_29_8_0_57_252.png

2016_5_29_8_1_12_848.png

2016_5_29_8_2_28_515.png

• Upvote 2

If I'm not mistaken, isn't OZ the one that got Orbx as we know it up & running?  Like you said, wonderful scenery and endless discoveries.  Nice shots too :-)

If I'm not mistaken, isn't OZ the one that got Orbx as we know it up & running?  Like you said, wonderful scenery and endless discoveries.  Nice shots too :-)

Yes..that was the original organization, but Orbx is the one under whose authority, AUS SP4 was created.

Yes you're right Dan.  Orbx Australia was an evolution from VOZ (Vista Australis), originally developed within the OZx freeware group I believe.   Although that was in FS9, so I'm sure a re-design from scratch was required.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Yeah the OZx guys set the standard after VOZ was realised. I think the Orbx Auatralia region was one of the first....ans personally best.

Nice shots, Mitch! If you think it's nice from the flight sim world, try living here! Although that sticking little twin ga plane and floatplane that keeps flying low overhead is getting pretty annoying..... :P

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

You made me roar, Jon....lol!

For all the flying I am doing there...I needed those twin diesel engines...lol.

Perhaps after retirement, I actually will get over there.  My wife and I discussed it a few years ago.  I surfed when I was a kid, on the California coast..and would love to body surf on some of those great breakers, we all see in tourist and N. Geo videos.  Also, really want to see the Great Barrier Reef.  We skin dive...and that would be a hoot.  Would have to watch out for the occasional 'Jaws'....but probably no worse than what is off the San Francisco coastline...

Cheers,

Mitch

lol

I can literally *always* tell a Mitch thread just by reading the title...

lol

I can literally *always* tell a Mitch thread just by reading the title...

With the occasional blooper...SP 3 should have read SP4... :hi:

Wit the occasional blooper...SP 3 should have read SP4... :hi:

In all seriousness - Love your enthusiasm!