Sign in to follow this  
sarp_79

touchdown sound for AI aircraft, possible ?

Hey simmers !

Is touchdown sound for AI aircraft possible, if so can you suggest any related downloads ?

Thanks for any ideas !

Hi sarp_79, install these two sound sets:

Set the environment sound slider to above 60% to hear them.

You have to decide what you imagine your reality to be in the sim... I have never ever heard a touchdown "chirp" in any aircraft big or small, inside or out, at any airport anywhere!

I think we think it happens because some Hollywood sound editor added it to a movie many years ago, and everyone just carried on with the notion.  :wink:

• Upvote 1

You have to decide what you imagine your reality to be in the sim... I have never ever heard a touchdown "chirp" in any aircraft big or small, inside or out, at any airport anywhere!

I think we think it happens because some Hollywood sound editor added it to a movie many years ago, and everyone just carried on with the notion.  :wink:

I have to agree. If anything I want no sound with AI traffic internally. I have never heard any aircraft other than perhaps PROPs because they are so damn loud inside a plane. I do hear the rumble of wind blowing by by that's pretty much it. 

I am using for example an AI traffic that edits a bunch of things to make it "realistic" while it updated the schedules and liveries which I love it also edits the sounds, that I am not too happy with as it constantly loops the sound like I am sitting in a car and a plane is flying by my head. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I find them worth having for the turboprop and jet reverse thrust sounds.

I wanted to hear the touchdown sound coming from the gears and the wind.

A32xx, thanks a lot. work by Airport Chat Developer Team worked like magic.

I have modified the given improvement wavs to my liking, and every single AI landing now sounds as real as it gets.