Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

Snipping Tool in FSX-Stream?

Newbie - HELP,

How do I take a screenshot with the snipping tool in fsx-steam when this program does not run "windowed"? I also tried "prtscrn" but only get a black picture! I have a problem with the pmdg tutorial, which requires a "screenshot" for a better explanation.

Thanks

Brgds

Juergen Mader

If you press the V key in FSX:SE it posts a screenshot to DOCUMENTS > PICTURES > MY PICTURES > FLIGHT SIMULATOR X FILES.

Ah... didn't check for windowed mode, sorry.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

The Snipping Tool by default uses Ctrl + Print Screen as hotkeys.  Start the Snipping Tool before you start FSX, escape to exit snip mode, then use the hotkeys when you are ready to capture.  Left mouse to drag the image you want. 

I figured it out yesterday: If fsx was last started in "full vie mode" it will load that way. Press the alt key and the windows menu will appear in the upper left corner. Selecting "view" and "full screen/view" will toggle the display between "full screen" mode and "windowed mode".

For the screenshot issue: I downloaded a little program called "ScreenHunter 6.0", which works pretty good. I now have a good screenshot to explain my problem with the pmdg tutorial.

Thanks for the help

• Upvote 1

Brgds

Juergen Mader