Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

BEV and Net Framework

Guest HepburnUGA

No, it was mine you jerk!}(

One thing that you actually do need to do to get rid of the login screens and password prompts is to go into your users control panel and delete the "ASP.NET" user account that gets created by the .NET install... that should solve most of the issues.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The one with the "I Love Micro$oft .NET" wet Tee-Shirt???Sorry 'bout that . . . :-lol

Bingo!!!!!******************************************************************Ryan..."One thing that you actually do need to do to get rid of the login screens and password prompts is to go into your users control panel and delete the "ASP.NET" user account that gets created by the .NET install... that should solve most of the issues.Ryan Maziarz (KTUS)"******************************************************************It's amazing what people know here in this forum if you just ask. I knew something was wrong.Thanks.... Who'd have known !!!!!!It's in Users Accounts, and it is there with an option to delete.It creates all kinds of prompt windows, which I could not understand where these things were coming from. Besides I hate them because I just want to start something like a reboot, and go get a cup off coffee while it completely and autopmatically executes. Not come back to find the operation stalled waiting on a reponse at step 1 and 2 and 3, etc..... That's what I was so irritated about. And then the self-created Administrator password was the last straw. I don't how that happened, but I'm sure it is related. I know I didn't do itSomebody made a remark about blaming the buggy operating system, rather than this FS product developer. It retrospect, I believe that is a correct statement.Thanks again...Bob (Lecanto, Fl)

Guest digipilot

I have the password problem too. When I go to delete the ASP.NET user account it prompts me with the option "delete files" or "keep files" or "cancel". Should I select "delete files" or "keep files"?

Bob:For what it is worth, you can get a similar "User Account" mixup from other sources. I don't even remember what it was, but literally years ago I had the exact same problem with another account being originated. If I remember correctly, deleting that account also cured my problem. This was long before BEV existed and also if I am not mistaken before I had NET installed (which I have had for quite some time with no known problems).Good luck and happy flying:RTH

Guest lmoelleb

>Hi Guys,>In case you missed the update, the new Configuator II is in>developement and should be available in the next several>weeks. It will not use NET, mostly because of all the>negatively around it. What's interesting, is that decision>has taken some criticism on the BEV forums, probably waranted,>in that by not using NET the wheel has to be reinvented for>many functions, and could lead to a buggier product as more>code has to be written.>>I guess you can't win either way. :)>>Tony> I do not think those people know what they are talking about... Who cares about a few extra problems due to reprogramming it? I am not saying it's not bad, it's just nothing compared to the real problem. You are - for crying out loud - reprogramming it in unmanaged code (for those who wonder - programs running under the .NET Framework are managed, while native C++ and VB6 program are unmanaged).What is the next - assembly? While some programs needs unmanaged code (drivers springs to mind, and to a certain extend games) there is no need for it here. Unmanaged code expose the system to programmer errors and security holes - it should simply not be used unless you have a very good reason - and you do not.I do understand people with legacy code being reluctant to move - due to the cost not necessarely outweighing the benefit. But you want to spend time moving away from managed code, hence adding cost to lower the benefit?I know .NET gives problems on some broken Windows systems - Windows does tend to degenerate over time (not surprisingly, a lot of it isn't managed) and as any large application .NET will break on some of these systems. But these people really should fix their systems (worst case is a reinstall) instead of forcing unmanaged code on the rest of us.Yes, this is exaggerated - something needs to counter all the people out of ignorance complaining about security problem and complexity of .NET. :)PS: Those who have no password to log in automatically - add a password, then set Windows to log in automatically using the username and password you prefer. Took 1 minute of googling last time I needed it. I also recall the autmatic login is what is being fixed in the .NET Framework 1.1 SP1... but I might remember wrong as I obviously do not have a setup without admin password.

"I also believe most people don't set passwords for family members, and, since Windows sets up all new accounts as Admins, you're wide open."Yeah, you should absolutely set a password for your user account as well. If you can, remove admin rights from your user account and log in to the admin account when installing software, making sure you select to make the installed software available for everyone.This is how Linux doees it - you almost NEVER log in as a superuser (~admin) unless you absolutely need it, ALL user accounts are restricted. The result is a much more secure system.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

>Since Net Framework, my machine (with Windows XP Home) has>totally changed. First I have password boxes up for eveything>I do. And I have Windows start and exit screens that I never>wanted. It even triggered a password verification into MCAfee,>when none was needed. Then I swear my mouse response from>within Windows programs has slowed down quite a bit. But today>was the last straw. When I signed in, Windows asked for an>Adminstrators password of which there was none (since I never>gave it one or ever messed with any of this). I was dead, and>I was and am very very mad.This is not a problem with the .net framework. This is most likely either virus or a problem with a hotfix on windows. I was on CNET the other day and they mentioned that one of the more recent hotfixes for windows was causing problems. I don't install hotfixes so I didn't read the details, but you might want to check there.Also, have you run a virus scan lately?>From what I've seen, I believe this company owes it's>customers a patch to get it (NET.FRAMEWORK) the #### out.Let me reassure you as a .net developer this is not a .net problem. It has something to do with either an attack you had via a virus or something or it was a hotfix from windows. One time while I was at work I download a hotfix and it destroyed my whole computer. So that is why I do not download them anymore. Hopefully, this will give you some reassurance.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Reed...Thanks for the reply.No upgrades were installed, and automatic upgrade is not enabled.Also no viruses, adware, or spyware were detected.I believe the problem was clearly found in my last post #19, where "Ryan" identified that Net.Framework sets up a new User Account, and then defaults to it. That new acount does exist, but I have not deleted it yet until I read up a little more of the effects of doing that, as described by several of the posts here. I don't want to wipe out BEV by doing this.How the self-assignment of an Administration Password occurred remains a mystery, but let's face it... bugs like this happens.I probably over-reacted a bit, when I got locked off of my own hard drive for no apparent reason. Thank God for "Safe mode" and System Restore. This is the first time I've had to do that (from Safe Mode I mean). I did have another "ace in the hole", because I also had done a recent update (files mirror) on WinRescue XP. I've never restored from this program, but it was an additional option if I had to go to it. That too, is done from Safe mode. It has received rave reviews for this type of thing, so it probably would have saved me if I had to use it.After the Windows based restore, I seem to be OK again. Bob (Lecanto, Fl)

Guest digipilot

Last thing you want to do is follow some advice incorrectly and compound the problem.

Hi Bob -I just had the same problem.I think it is the new msn toolbar with phishing blocker. Did you download that on your IE browser? I gave me the same problem you experienced. It was wierd it didn't happen until today. It was crashing a lot so I disabled it and didn't have any problem, then I turned it on again and it gave me the same problem you had.When I restored it back it fixed the problem, but that is the only thing that installed recently.The only other thing I installed was Ages of Empire 3, but I don't think that was the problem.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Reed:I had not installed a thing. It just all started with the BEV installation.While I do have SP2, I have not put in any of the smaller updates since then. I am very careful about any new installations to my main machine of any kind.I just like a simple and "running" main machine. I do have a couple of older PC's which I keep as back-ups, and program try-out units.That started when Acronis True Image 8.0 did a total wipe out of my system. It also wiped "Restore" so I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows. Also Stefanos Suite programs just take over everything and reak havoc. At least I could "Restore" that mess back out. So now I've kind of wised up on that and try these out over on a machine with very little installed to see how they react.That way if they do crash the system, it's an easy reinstall. If they work ok over there, then I install them on my main unit.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)