Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

Great free-/donationware for PAWG Wrangell by R Design

R Design, who previously published free-/donationware for Seward, Talkeetna, Icy Bay and Oakridge, have released Wrangell (actually this was released on May 16th, so if anybody else has already created a thread about that, I'm sorry.)

http://rdesignx.weebly.com/pawg.html

You will need to update your RD Library, too:

http://rdesignx.weebly.com/freeware.html

Edit: There is just one little, hmm, issue, not with the scenery itself, but when used for short flights to Ketchikan with Tom Curtis' Alaska scenery packages: PAWG requires "runway follows terrain" to be ON, whereas PAKT requires "runway follows terrain" to be OFF. Usually, when I fly between airports with a difference in this requirement, I simply check or uncheck the option during flight, which takes a second. When the scenery tile of my destination airport is loaded, it will take the option into account correctly. However, PAWG and PAKT are on the same scenery tile, so no tile reload happens in a flight between these two. So here I have to force scenery reload after takeoff (when I'm safely in the air) which interrupts my flight for some minutes...

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Awesome, thanks for posting this. I would have completely missed it otherwise! Everything RDesign has made so far has been a masterpiece, especially PAWD is amazing.

I only wish they had another option to make donations. The "webmoney" service they have linked on the site doesn't seem very transparent to me... Does anybode have experience using it? Is it trustworthy?

It looks great.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Awesome, thanks for posting this. I would have completely missed it otherwise! Everything RDesign has made so far has been a masterpiece, especially PAWD is amazing.

I only wish they had another option to make donations. The "webmoney" service they have linked on the site doesn't seem very transparent to me... Does anybode have experience using it? Is it trustworthy?

I saw on his site that he was involved with JustSims' new X-Plane sceneries and decided to buy those.

• Upvote 1

I saw on his site that he was involved with JustSims' new X-Plane sceneries and decided to buy those.

That's a fantastic idea! I think I'll do the same. :smile:

Edit: There is just one little, hmm, issue, not with the scenery itself, but when used for short flights to Ketchikan with Tom Curtis' Alaska scenery packages: PAWG requires "runway follows terrain" to be ON, whereas PAKT requires "runway follows terrain" to be OFF. Usually, when I fly between airports with a difference in this requirement, I simply check or uncheck the option during flight, which takes a second. When the scenery tile of my destination airport is loaded, it will take the option into account correctly. However, PAWG and PAKT are on the same scenery tile, so no tile reload happens in a flight between these two. So here I have to force scenery reload after takeoff (when I'm safely in the air) which interrupts my flight for some minutes...

I encounter this problem all the time on shorter flights between small GA airports.

This is why I'm looking forward to X-Plane 10.50. Just set PAKT to not follow terrain, and PAWG to follow terrain.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

What a pity - too late for my Alaska tour. I was already in that region and it's too far away to fly back there.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...