Sign in to follow this  
LOT737

C-130

Well, it's great to have a thread with some real feedback from people who have actually purchased it, without a bunch of whining and complaining. Thanks guys, I might get this release now. Criticism both negative and positive is important to perspective buyers, it just gets annoying with all the same old bashing, over and over again, holy moly. Anyway, always debrief to the objectives, that's what I always say. Thanks again guys for the quick feedback.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Thanks to all those who can give an objective opinion as opposed to those who DON'T own the aircraft and are already bashing it.Please keep these mini reviews coming. I am considering purchasingthe aircraft.Craig

Guest FattyBear

The only people who are "bashing" the aircraft are the beta testers who's reports went unheard and have used the airplane. The others are bashing CS because it is simply a horrible company when it comes to support.

http://www.mikejgolfdesign.com/CS130H.wmvThanks!Looked very 3D on my monitor. In fact, it looked very much like being in a real cockpit, instead of some of the poorer VC presentations I've seen.As to the price, I'd be weighing visuals versus function; and if all the functions don't work out, and I don't get a seemingly real plane in all aspects for fifty-one bucks..............then sometimes, visuals actually make an add-on still a winner in my mind. The artistic side of recreating aircraft, means just as much as flight dynamics, and a functional cockpit. It's all an illusion, and your VC video is quite a good one at that!L.Adamsonedit for video link

>The only people who are "bashing" the aircraft are the beta>testers who's reports went unheard and have used the airplane.> The others are bashing CS because it is simply a horrible>company when it comes to support. So, do all Captain Sim V/C's look that good? I've never gave their products a second thought.

Their F-104 VC is a work of art. One of the best produced, IMHO. Documentation for the plane is poor though, so makes it a real chore to find out how to run all the systems. But what the hey, not everyone writes good English! Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest dfdirishman

I purchased the aircraft today. It seems like an awesome product but I have spent the last six hours trying to start the thing from a cold and dark state and cannot get it figured out. I have read the manual over and over. I also tried sending them questions for support numerous time with no reply.If I could get it started, I would say on of the best add ons, in my opinion, out there.

Guest dfdirishman

Going back and trying to start this thing from a cold and dark state, I still cannot get it to run from the initial powering it up to engine start. I also forgot to mention I had problems on the initial installation. I'm also having problems with the ACE config utility that is supplied with the software.This combined with the lack of support that is provided I revert my previous thread and will say this is the worst add on I have ever purchased. I wish I could get my money back. I certainly hope they provide a patch for this and maybe my opinion will change. I'm extremely p.... off at this add on the lack of support I have recieved. Please, save your hard earned $51 and wait till some of these bugs that me and certainly others will experience with this product. PS, if any of you guys figure out how to run this thing from a cold and dark state, please let me know, certainly the company that produced this is not.

>I also tried>sending them questions for support numerous time with no>reply.Arn't these guys on the other side of the world? Maybe they're asleep.

Guest dfdirishman

What problems with the add on are you having?

I just bought C-130!WOW!:-eek Amazing!:-jumpyI will write more later... but WoooW... I'm impressed:-kewl

Some of the more complex planes only work properly if you load them on top of the default flight (Cessna 172 at Seattle KSEA). This is true of both the Aeroworx B200 and Dreamfleet Baron. Maybe if you tried loading the default flight then selecting the C-130?Worth a try.Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Does everbody's engine gauges work? Mine dont. Actually only the engine RPM gauges work. None of the others work including the artificial Horizon.

Guest JIMJAM

Thats just it. Im not going to miss $50 but who in the heck do I find to help me with a problem with this plane? Do I use someone elses forums on their dime and troll for answers?

Guest dfdirishman

Tried that with no luck, hey I appreciate the suggestion.