Sign in to follow this  
LOT737

C-130

You can try to contact CS support by email.I'm not saying that they will help you all the time, but they answered me most of the time.

Guest dfdirishman

Yeah, tried all the manuals, checklists, step by step. Well, tommorrow is another day. I'll give it a rest.

Not related, but very relevant:"2. How is the framerates?"Correction: "How ARE the framerates?".Your Welcome ;)regards,Macs :)P.S.: Oh, by the way, your theory about not bashing CS in this thread is not valid. For example: "4. Are the systems any good?", necesitates a biased answer: Answering NO, would be considered "Bashing" from past experience ;)

He, he thanks for the english lesson, and best of all, it

Guest NC_Rotorhead

Brief Thoughts on the Capt Sim C-130I purchased to Capt Sim C-130 and am pleased so far. I haven't read the manuals yet ("Don't read no stinking manuals"). As an ATP and long time C-130 fan, I have to say this is an excellent model with fine Eye-Candy. Are there some issues? Of course. Is it what I expected? BETTER than I expected. Was I unhappy with the cost? Of course. Is this worth it? If you want a visual model that is dead-on correct as far as what it looks like and offers a bit of a challenge to those switch fanatics, and still flys like a comfortable old shoe, then yes it is worth it, in my humble opinion.1. I have a P4 3.2G, IG RAM machine and get no jerking or loss of Framerates. Very SMOOTH.2. I've found some "leakage" in some of the graphics.3. Switching from different cockpit views is difficult at times when the "navigation" buttons get hidden. (This is my biggest issue).4. Working the ACE is taking some growing pains. I have not been able to incorporate new repaints yet.5. Getting my Order Number to be recognized took a little time and a few emails (they said it was overloaded server).6. Once I got the plane installed, it is what I wanted. Something for all, a "Challenge" if you want it so and also a "hop-in-and-fly" easy flyer. I made the very best approach to landing that I have ever made in FS9 with this plane.7. Having to work within the confines of FS9, I think they did well with this product.8. I like being able to configure my model with or with tanks, change loading, change fuel load. I have some planes in my "hangar" that are special. Some are freeware (labor of love), and some are payware (ok, they made a buck...but they gave me a decent product). The C-130 falls into the special catagory for me. I am pleased.RegardsSteve H.

I havent read the manuals I admit it. I bought it late last night and I thought I would just fire it up and try and fly. I am glad I have to read the manuals and checklist to fly this aircraft. I look forward to that. I will have fun with this aircraft.Here is a few words about the C130, aside from the fact I need to learn the checklist. It flies very nicely trimmed up and flew along beautifully. The model and panel are amazing. Now I got the 707 and liked it aside from not being able to read the panel gauges. I hope since they are going to continue developing this that things will get better with this package.

OK, it seems, from the laymans perspective ;-) , that the following are the highlights of this product.1. VC graphics amazing2. Exterior model amazing (CS Trademark)I am curious to hear if anyone out there with C-130 technical knowledge wants to wade in here and give a critique on how the plane works? Now before everone comes bashing this post, compare what you paid for in terms of PMDG and LDS when it comes to systems and functionality and then you will know where I'm coming from. $51 is ok if it all works like it should(Remember, Lockheed endorsed this) but if all you get is great exteriors, then you overpaid, in my opinion.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic

Lol... that was a long night... I'm impressed so far, most of the things(I didn't tried everything yet) are working great. Model is amazing, panel and VC quality is great, no problems with FPS on my system. She flies great.I need some sleep now:-boom I'm really glad that I bought C-130:D

Okay, I've managed to play around with her long enough to find out some of her quirks. Granted, she is not the real thing, but I along with the rest of the beta team sure did try. Since ACE was not operational when we had our one (1) beta test copy sent to us, I cannot say much, other than it does not work very well for me. Also, for the life of me, I cannot get the Ramp Tracks Controller function to work, and as a result of that, I'm unable to get the vehicle, a humvee in my current load config to load up using the Ground Vehicle Animation. If anyone can shed any light as to how these items work, I'd sure be appreciative.ChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ | ASUS A8V Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2Pro | WD 120 gig HDD | WD 80 gig HDD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130-testpilot.gif

He,he, like you pointed out, no charge Eagle! ;-) . I may bother you later a bit with some Norwegian language lessons myself :)I think your attempt to keep things from getting any hotter is good. Hopefully the critizism of THE PLANE will not be taken as bashing...Sometimes, I must add, it's hard not to bring THE COMPANY into the picture. I mean, THE COMPANY MAKES THE PLANE, and it is specially hard if you have had bad experiences with THE COMPANY in the past. Best regards my friend :)Macs :)

I use Concorde nose commands to get the ramp to work correctly(and to get the vehicle moving).Assign some keys to Concorde nose up/down commands and everything will be fine.

Guest NC_Rotorhead

Hey Chuck,A real "LIVE" tester. You and the others did a really fine job in my humble opinion. Ain't nothing about FS9 that is perfect, lots of compromises and FS9 "rules" to follow. But I am impressed with the high degree of professionalism in this project. If i want to "kick-the-tires-and-light-the-fires" and go flying i can. If i want to get down and dirty and READ the darn manual and do things relatively correctly, then i can in a professional manner. I appreciate the choice. Again....BZ to you and the other testers and the sim team. I'm enjoying the machine.RegardsSteve H.