Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

I'm looking for a GPS + Moving map for X-Plane. Not an Ipad app

I'm looking for a GPS + Moving map for X-Plane.  Not an Ipad app though.

Something i can download to Windows and drag to another screen,  I had the apollo Map 2 years ago but its not supported anymore and now works terrible with X-Plane.

Is there anything out there like the GTN 750 or Reality XP or the Mindstar Aviation for X-Plane 10  ? 

Thank you  :smile:

I don't think you'll find anything comparable at this time.

As for a moving map, have a look at EFASS. It's a moving map/EFB. It's freemium and doesn't hurt to try. It's also currently being rebuilt as EFASS NG with lessons learned from the first version. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't realize that pilot2atc was compatible with X-plane,  This is exactly what i was looking for,  Has everything !! 

This looks like a real solid piece of Software.  Not cheap but sounds like a great investment.   

It even has a little  "follow me line"  :smile:

http://pilot2atc.com/

Yes!  Pilot2ATC works really good for X-Plane.  It is voice controlled, and using IVONA voices, sounds close to real ATC. It does a pretty good job of understand what you say to it.
It comes with a flight planner that has AIRACS with SIDS and STARS, that can be updated through NavDataPro.
It also can help control your radios by showing the frequencies that you need and when you click on them they go to your standby frequency window, which is handy.
The moving map is excellent. It shows actual Earth textures, like Google Earth, both hi and lo altitude sectionals and a street map.  All with your flight plan.
It can also be set up for ATC chatter.
I believe it is very good for practicing to use PilotEdge. I believe it is well worth the price

• Upvote 1

I didn't realize that pilot2atc was compatible with X-plane,  This is exactly what i was looking for,  Has everything !! 

That looks amazing!