Sign in to follow this  
Hanse

FS9 in Windows 7 and Directx 11

Hi!

I got a new PC with Windows 7 and Directx 11 and installed my dear FS9.

I read somewhere that Directx 11 isn't compatible with FS9, but I ran it and it actually works,

but with poor perormance.

So can anyone tip me what to do?   Is it possible to change back to Directx 9, and, if so, how

to do that.  And is Windows 7  compatible with Directx 9?

I'd be very grateful for tips....

Hans Hermansson

Sweden

Hi Hans

My PC runs Windows 7 and DirectX 11 is installed by default.  I don't have any problems running FS9 with DirectX 11.  It might be that your problem is being caused by something else - graphics card or drivers, perhaps??

As far as I can make out you can't "downgrade" to DirectX 9 but Version 11 is backwards compatible with Version 9.

If you do a Google for Windows 7 and DirectX 9.0c you will find a link to Microsoft where you can download Version 9 but you will need to read what they say about it first.  Sorry I can't post the link here but for some reason this forum will not allow me to do this.

Dijvid

Hi!

I got a new PC with Windows 7 and Directx 11 and installed my dear FS9.

I read somewhere that Directx 11 isn't compatible with FS9, but I ran it and it actually works,

but with poor perormance.

So can anyone tip me what to do? Is it possible to change back to Directx 9, and, if so, how

to do that. And is Windows 7 compatible with Directx 9?

I'd be very grateful for tips....

Hans Hermansson

Sweden

This comes up every now and then but the simple action is that you don't need to do anything.

DX11 that comes with Win7 includes DX10 and also DX9 libraries. Since FS9 uses DX9 it will automatically use the DX9 libraries that are packaged with DX11.

You can't make FS9 use the DX10 or 11 libraries, so you don't have to worry about it.

The reason for your performance loss is likely due to something else in your configuration, perhaps the video drivers or something else, but there are plenty of people here using FS9 on Win7.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator