Sign in to follow this  
tonygoole

Ils approach too high

Hi all

Im doing ils approach 02Z in to EGCN.

I intercept the localizer and gs at 1500ft. As i approach the runway threshold im a few hundred feet to high. My qnh is set in line with asn.

One thing i do notice wrong (pmdg 737) is i set the course to 019 from what my fmc is telling me but it automatically changes to 020 as per what the charts are telling me.

I have had approx 10 attempts at this approach and still too high. My nav radios are on the correct frequency. The 2 diamonds are bang on center... i dont get it!!!!

I am not familiar with the airport but I had a look at my charts.

Relevant aspects to know:

1) Which FMS data are you using

2) Which scenery are you using.

To me it sounds like there is a discrepancy between the real ILS data and the scenery ILS.

You should check that using ILS inspector

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Thanks sino

Hi im using airac 1604 across all my add ons scenery im using orbx and uk2000 airports

I just went to the airport , runway 2, and the ILS takes you to the touchdown zone exactly. I didn't fly it, I just used slew to see where the GS hit the runway. I think you have a problem with one of your sceneries. Try disabling add on scenery for that airport and see what happens, 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Are you sure you have the most up-to-date version of UK2000 EGCN? There appears to have been an AFCAD issue with an older version that was interfering. Make sure you are running the latest version of the airport...

Andrew

Hi all thanks for your replies. I think i had an old version of egcn.... i updated it and all is well now. Many thanks andrew