Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

ESI IOM & Guernsey

Hello, I don't know where to turn because ESI is out of business.

I have a few questions.

First, let me explain what I have now.  I bought these sceneries on DVD and installed them into FSX with no problems and they work great but can cause OOM's but if I'm careful they won't.

When I first installed them they didn't give me a path to install them to, they chose by themselves my external HD that I use exclusively for Acronis.

It now has a bunch of folders on it but I can live with it.

Why did it do this?  Why did it not give me  a path to install to?  It just did it.

Now on to another important question.

I'm going to P3D v 3.2 this week and would like to install these disks into it.  I suppose I'll have to use the Estonia migration tool?

How will this work?  Will I now have double files on my backup drive?

Has anyone installed it into P3D?

Thanks.

Jack

Jack Sawyer

Jack, there are two wizards here who can assist you like they did me. One is a gentleman called Christopher Low, the other called kevinfirth. They are absolutely the 'Bees Knees' when it comes to ESI stuff.

Hopefully, they will read your post or you can perhaps PM them. They will soon get you sorted.

Best of Luck.

Jack, there are two wizards here who can assist you like they did me. One is a gentleman called Christopher Low, the other called kevinfirth. They are absolutely the 'Bees Knees' when it comes to ESI stuff.

Yes very good Rick they certainly are.   The Problem i have is when i change the season,  the Autogen disappears

I suppose I'll have to use the Estonia migration tool?

No need Jack,  the Migration Tool is over kill for what you need 

I will start off and bring Jack through running the Disk Installer stuff  

I will need Kevin's help or somebody that knows about the Modified Autogenies you will need to run Earth Simulations Scenery in Prepar3D v3 

Installing Guernsey by Disk.

The secret about Installing Earth Simulations for Prepar3D V3 by Disk is the scenery.cfg,  Why is this important?   With FSX the Scenery.cfg was located in the main folder,  as you know this is different for Prepar3D,   When you run the ES Installer you will point the FSX Path to your Prepar3D install location,  So you need a copy of the Scenery.cfg in your main Prepar3D folder. 

If the ES Installer does Not see the Scenery.cfg in your main Prepar3D folder  it will not release all the required folders from the Disk leaving you with only half the content Installed in your Earth Simulations Folder. 

A Step By Step to get you half way there only   :smile:   

(1) Go to ProgramData  ► Lockheed Martin  ► Prepar3D   Right Click on Scenery.cfg and Click Copy,  Paste it directly into your main Prepar3D folder. 

(2)  Disconnect your Internet from your Computer,  (If the ES installer sees an Internet Connection it will try and Download from the Internet) 

(3)  Disable your Anti virus Software from Scanning your Disk Drive  +  Disable your Anti virus full Stop. 

(4) If you have any Orbx Scenery, go to your FTX Central and set it to Default.

(5)  Run the Disk,  Do Not fill out your Email or password.  

Es Path=  This will Automatically create a folder and Install all the Scenery's there  ( All Earth Simulation Scenery's will Install into this same folder)  You will have to manually add these through the Prepar3D Scenery library at a later stage 

FSX= Path  Point this to your main Prepar3D folder,  Click Next.  Effects\Textures and in some case Simobjects will Install into your main Prepar3D folder 

27287240661_245dc6f5cd_o.png

(6)  Important,  After your Install has completed,  Remove the Disk from the Drive,   Restart your Computer,  Go to your Control Panel "Programs and Features" and Uninstall the ES Control panel,  you wont need this anymore,  Each scenery comes with it own ES Control panel.  If you try and Uninstall the ES Control Panel without removing the Disk or not restarting your Computer,  you will have a large headache.   

(7)  After your Install has completed go to the Earth Simulations folder and take a peep,

Regarding Guernsey,  This is what a successful Install looks like.  

27287245281_4170d2ef2c_o.png

You will have to add these in Manually in your Prepar3D Scenery Library,  Start at the bottom "Terrain" and work your way up 

3D highest
  •  
  • \Earth Simulations\Channel Isles\ES-CI-SFX
  •  
  • \Earth Simulations\Channel Isles\ES-CI-3DX
  •  
  • \Earth Simulations\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Airports\Guernsey
  •  
  • \Earth Simulations\ES-SFX*
  •  
  • \Earth Simulations\ES-3D*
  •  

Photo scenery is next 

•  
  • \Earth Simulations\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Night
  •  
  • \Earth Simulations\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Winter
  •  
  • \Earth Simulations\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Spring
  •  
  • \Earth Simulations\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Summer
  •  
  • \Earth Simulations\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Autumn
  •  
  • \Earth Simulations\Channel Isles\ES-CI-HardWinter
  •  

Terrain are the Lowest

• \Earth Simulations\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Terrain

Regarding Installing future Earth Simulation Scenery's 

"Remember you only need one instance of ES-3D and ES-SFX as these folders are shared between all ES products" 

===================================

After this i will need some help,  Maybe Kevin,  Christopher or Birdmanmike can chip in here with the specific files and Autogen that have to be added here to make this work.    
  • Upvote 1

After this i will need some help,  Maybe Kevin,  Christopher or Birdmanmike can chip in here with the specific files and Autogen that have to be added here to make this work.    

Thank you profusely!  You guys are the best help I could possibly imagine.

I look forward to Maybe Kevin,  Christopher or Birdmanmike posting here too.

Thank you very much!

Jack Sawyer

You guys out there?  

Jack Sawyer

I assume that you need to know which files need to be transferred to the P3D v3 TEXTURE and EFFECTS folders?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I assume that you need to know which files need to be transferred to the P3D v3 TEXTURE and EFFECTS folders?

Not at all, that's why I sure do appreciate the help I'm getting here.

I think I can follow along with the first part but I didn't know there was going to be a second part.

I'm more of a sim pilot than anything else.  This stuff is my biggest weakness.

Jack Sawyer

I understand the frustration, Jack. It's a shame that Earth Simulations developed a somewhat "unique" install method. New users really shouldn't have to work this hard just to install software that they have already paid for. Just to be clear (because I am not quite the wizard that Rick thinks I am)........Elaine's instructions enable you to copy the contents of the DVD across to a temporary folder on your hard disk, with all of the sub folders neatly separated? If so, then we only have to work out which files need to be copied to the main P3D folders. That should not be any great problem, so please let me know when you have completed the tasks that Elaine has set for you, and I will assist further  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I understand the frustration, Jack. It's a shame that Earth Simulations developed a somewhat "unique" install method. New users really shouldn't have to work this hard just to install software that they have already paid for. Just to be clear (because I am not quite the wizard that Rick thinks I am)........Elaine's instructions enable you to copy the contents of the DVD across to a temporary folder on your hard disk, with all of the sub folders neatly separated? If so, then we only have to work out which files need to be copied to the main P3D folders. That should not be any great problem, so please let me know when you have completed the tasks that Elaine has set for you, and I will assist further  :smile:

Ok, so this is where I'm at.

1. I have IOM and Guernsey already installed in FSX.  They're beautiful.

2. When I originally installed them I did NOT like that it gave me no path choice.  It just decided to install on my external Acronis backup HD named E.  This bugs me as I now have files that are called from FSX on a backup drive..

3. I haven't gotten the new SSD yet which is only for P3D, it'll come sometime today, It's out for delivery then I have to install it.

4. After installation I then have to install P3D v 3.2, I bought 3.2 the very day before 3.3 and I do not want 3.3 yet.

5. Once P3D v 3.2 is installed then I have to install some Orbx stuff and some planes and test carefully between each one.

6. Only then can I think about installing IOM and Guernsey.

7. But I have printed out her outstanding instructions for reference, however when I read it I didn't know there was going to be a part 2.

So I guess this is where you come in?  I have never used P3D and am very much looking forward to it.

Believe me Christopher you have NO idea how much I appreciate you and Elaine's help, I appreciate it immensely.

Best regards, and thank you,

Jack

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

Thank you Christopher for coming in. 

This is Part 2 :smile:  There will be a Part 3 though, just to tidy up some effects\Sounds and Autogen  (That's where the more knowledgeable then me come in)  

After you copy Copy and Paste the scenery.cfg from ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D and put it in your Main Prepar3D folder (As shown above)  Don't move it, Copy it. 

After you successfully Extract all the folders from your Disk to an external Folder (As shown above)  

Now after your installation has completed, Go back to your main Prepar3D folder and have a peep at the Scenery.cfg you pasted in there,  You will notice that there will be an extra 14 Entries at the bottom of it with titles similar to this........ 

Title = ES-Sound-Effects-Library  Title = ES-CI-Winter  Title=ES-CI-Spring   and so on and so forth. The Installer has written these Entries\Commands to it. 

You will also notice that sounds and effects have been Installed into your effects and sounds folder all starting with ES-

Now,  Go back to ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D and Move the Scenery.cfg out of there onto your Desktop and Replace it with the one that's in your Main Prepar3D V3 folder. 

When you Start Prepar3D and pick Guernsey these Entries will pull from the Extral folders where you have Installed the Scenery's

You will now have an 80% perfect Scenery  BUT   

Here is the Tricky bit 

(1) When the Entries load into your Scenery.cfg I'm 95% sure they are in the wrong order,  so you will have to manually add these probably though the Scenery Library. 

It doesn't really matter (Its Not Dangerous to the Sim,  if you want to have a look anyway)   And then Manually add them in the correct order at a later time

(2) The sounds are a little off at times and sporadic (Guernsey)  

(3) Some of the effects in some of the earth Simulation Scenery's don't work correctly IE,  Tractor spray and lights and so on

(4)  Sometimes the Autogen (Buildings) will disappear when changing season.

(5)  Missing boats in Alderney and Island of man

These are only small things and can be mostly sorted with out with Autgen compatible files and maybe some extra effects\sound files

• Upvote 1

Thank you Christopher for coming in. 

This is Part 2 :smile:  There will be a Part 3 though, just to tidy up some effects\Sounds and Autogen  (That's where the more knowledgeable then me come in)  

After you copy Copy and Paste the scenery.cfg from ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D and put it in your Main Prepar3D folder (As shown above)  Don't move it, Copy it. 

After you successfully Extract all the folders from your Disk to an external Folder (As shown above)  

Now after your installation has completed, Go back to your main Prepar3D folder and have a peep at the Scenery.cfg you pasted in there,  You will notice that there will be an extra 14 Entries at the bottom of it with titles similar to this........ 

Title = ES-Sound-Effects-Library  Title = ES-CI-Winter  Title=ES-CI-Spring   and so on and so forth. The Installer has written these Entries\Commands to it. 

You will also notice that sounds and effects have been Installed into your effects and sounds folder all starting with ES-

Now,  Go back to ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D and Move the Scenery.cfg out of there onto your Desktop and Replace it with the one that's in your Main Prepar3D V3 folder. 

When you Start Prepar3D and pick Guernsey these Entries will pull from the Extral folders where you have Installed the Scenery's

You will now have an 80% perfect Scenery  BUT   

Here is the Tricky bit 

(1) When the Entries load into your Scenery.cfg I'm 95% sure they are in the wrong order,  so you will have to manually add these probably though the Scenery Library. 

It doesn't really matter (Its Not Dangerous to the Sim,  if you want to have a look anyway)   And then Manually add them in the correct order at a later time

(2) The sounds are a little off at times and sporadic (Guernsey)  

(3) Some of the effects in some of the earth Simulation Scenery's don't work correctly IE,  Tractor spray and lights and so on

(4)  Sometimes the Autogen (Buildings) will disappear when changing season.

(5)  Missing boats in Alderney and Island of man

These are only small things and can be mostly sorted with out with Autgen compatible files and maybe some extra effects\sound files

So I will still have to install from the DVD again?  Since it didn't give me a destination the first time will I have double folders on my external drive?

Thank you Poppet, I look forward to part three then?

Jack Sawyer

Jack,

If you have ES Isle of Man and ES Guernsey installed outside the FSX folders, then (theoretically) you should not need to install from the DVD again. All you would need to do is copy the files that need to be transferred to the P3D Effects and Textures folders (which is something that I can help you with). You could point the Scenery Menu entries to the location of your existing ES IoM and Guernsey installations, and use them in P3D. You would also need to update the Autogen files. This could be as simple as replacing the existing autogen definition files with the ES ones, but it would be worth making backups of the existing ones first! Kevin Firth is more familiar with autogen files than I am, so hopefully he will see this thread soon.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have just seen this thread, but 8 weeks after moving house I have yet to get a PC up and running.. So my ability to assist may be restricted :(

Chris is right that everything you have working in FSX should be portable to P3D.

Elaines guidance should get you the scenery folders that you need. Chris can assist with the specific effects/sounds required, and any terrain mods that have to go in the world/scenery folder..

Autogen files can be downloaded from Tony M's site ARM computing :) (easily googleable!)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Kevin, I just got the SSD installed finally.

Now I need to install P3D.

It will still be a little while before I get to installing the ESI stuff but I have to tell you, after reading the latest posts, as a neophyte but a pilot this is very confusing to me.

I will have to print all this out.

After all you read is there anything else I need to do?

Could you create a step-by-step like Elaine?

Thanks, I do so very much appreciate the time you people are taking to help me, believe me when I say I appreciate it very much.

Jack Sawyer

We can help you with the next step when you have completed Elaine's workflow chart :smile: IMO, it would also be a very good idea to backup the entire ES folder when you have completed the installation, so that you never have to be troubled by that pesky DVD ever again!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png