Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

ESI IOM & Guernsey

They can all mostly be made to work in v3.2 (dont know about 3.3 as havent installed it yet)

If you dont have a backup of original files you cannot now redownload them from anywhere legally to even try...

No there are no install instructions available (Elaine (poppet) has a cpl of threads with relevant info)

Try flightstore for boxed versions still available...

Thank you very much!

Isle of Man seems to be sold at Flightstore!? Is this the only place where the boxed edition has been sold?

I have no better info than GOOGLE will give you im afraid, sorry

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Remember to bear in mind the airports may not function correctly after P3D 3.3.5 when 2002 sdk ASM support will prob be deprecated. ES sceneries will NOT be being updated to the new z-bias methodology in newer P3D versions...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

xaP1VAU.png

Congratulations, P3D v3.1. You have just secured a permanent position on my PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks! I found everything except the Isle of Man. I can't find it anywhere whether rcsimulations, Flightstore or eBay. 

Remember to bear in mind the airports may not function correctly after P3D 3.3.5 when 2002 sdk ASM support will prob be deprecated. ES sceneries will NOT be being updated to the new z-bias methodology in newer P3D versions...

I won't be an issue, because the recently released hotfix from LM fixes this problem. 

Thanks! I found everything except the Isle of Man. I can't find it anywhere whether rcsimulations, Flightstore or eBay. 

I won't be an issue, because the recently released hotfix from LM fixes this problem.

V3.3.5 includes the hotfi, which may only be good for a short time. There is no guarantee the scenery will continue to work past the current 3.3.5

Im not saying dont, just know the risk and bear it in mind. :)

xaP1VAU.png

V3.3.5 includes the hotfi, which may only be good for a short time. There is no guarantee the scenery will continue to work past the current 3.3.5

Im not saying dont, just know the risk and bear it in mind. :)

Yes, I see your point, but remember that probably 70-90% of all FSX/P3D sceneries use the old FS2002 groundpoly method. Then not just Earth Simulations won't be compatible anymore, also many more others. The only problem for ES sceneries will be that they are not getting any update in the future.

Or do we maybe see a comeback when Britain votes for the Brexit? When I remeber correctly they had problems with the VAT in the EU, but without being in the EU it can change the situation!? Second reason why they ceased trading was the number of sales, wasn't it? I think selling products via simMarket is the best option for a developer to get good sale numbers and for having a name in the community. The way how they distributed their products with its self-made installer was a joke. Let's hope what the future brings... :rolleyes:

Hi Kevin, I'm the original OP.

I have been following this thread for days now via emails from this forum.

IOM and Guernsey will install into 3.2 right?  I have no plans on going higher in upgrades.

If not then I'll have to sell them.  They're great sceneries in my FSX setup but it sees like a lot of work to get them to work in P3D.

Also, no one has ever answered this, (unless I missed it) why when I originally installed them into FSX did it never give me a path choice where to instal the files.  It just chose drive D which happens to be my backup drive for Acronis.

If I do install them again I will unplug both drive D & E which are only for backups.

That will leave drive C which is Win 7 only, drive G which is for P3D only and drive X which is for FSX only.

It has always irked me that it did that to my D drive as I now have a lot less room on it now.

Thanks.

Jack

Jack Sawyer

If not then I'll have to sell them.

Personally i wouldn't sell them, there only worth 5 pound each and some day they might be hard to get again.

why when I originally installed them into FSX did it never give me a path choice where to instal the files.  It just chose drive D which happens to be my backup drive for Acronis.

When you run the Installer,  It will  automatically create a folder called Earth Simulations in the ES Path,  But you can choose were you want to Install by hitting Browse and navigating to a place of your choosing.   See the image below 

27287240661_245dc6f5cd_o.png

Thank you Elaine, you have been very helpful and most gracious with your replies, I appreciate it.

I have this thread saved so I can refer to it when I go to install it.

But will it install in version 3.2?

Not going to go to 3.3.

If it won't install in 3.2 I need to know.

Thank you.

Jack Sawyer

I thought Richard was going to help you install the ES software the other day, Jack? Did that not go according to plan?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Nope, and I

I thought Richard was going to help you install the ES software the other day, Jack? Did that not go according to plan?

Unfortunately this is the case.  I'm not going to discuss it.  I will figure it out with this thread's help.

But thanks for all your help, I appreciate it.

Jack Sawyer

I got Jack most of the way - He needed to do few things on his end -  many hours on teamviewer was a good effort

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett