Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robert Hedan

Looking for a list of commands by plane

Guest Tophatter

The kneeboard key assignments page does not update with your changes. It only lists the default assignments. The kneeboard key assignments are in the file: kneeboard_keys.htm in the fs9aircraft folder.Bud

Guest Robert Hedan

Bud,According to the help file in the control assignment screen, the kneeboard is dynamic and should pick up the changes.I have a feeling it just picks up changes to default keys and ignores the new entries. I'm not gonna bother testing 'cause I've found what I wanted in the FS9.CFG file.Robert:)

Guest Tophatter

Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere, I have changed key commands many times and have never seen the list updated. I just checked my file and it still has the original date of 5/22/03. Does yours change? Not that I use the list, I made up an excel sheet to keep track of all key assignments.Bud

Guest wildfire563

If you have not already gotten your answer, the pitot tube is associated with the airspeed indicator. It is a small tube or opening somewhere on the outside of the plane which has a pressure sensor inside and measures the pressure of the onrushing air as the aircraft is moving. The difference between the pressure measured in this tube compared to (usually) the static air pressure in the cockpit allows the airspeed indicator to show how fast the plane is going (hence the need for the term indicated airspeed, since the pressure of the air will decrease as the plane climbs and the air thins...).Normally a heater is installed in this device to keep ice from forming in the tube and blocking the airflow.Often, people will put a cut tennis ball or a flag of some sort to keep bugs and other critters from flying inside and building homes in there. A common mistake is to forget to remove the cover, which you won't realize you have done until you are already traveling down the runway and realize your airspeed is not registering properly.Thomas

Guest Robert Hedan

Thanks Thomas, that explains 'pitot tube blockage on/off'.Nope, I haven't noticed any change in the file date Bud.Robert:)

Guest Robert Hedan

Well, just to save the next guy that researches this some trouble, there are many 'missing' commands in the FS2004 control assignment.I came up with something like 117 unassigned commands in FS2004. That is easy enough to activate since I came up with about 130 unused keystroke combinations.But there are still many more individual engine commands that are missing: engine de-ice, fuel selector, magneto, propeller pitch, alternators, and the list goes on.Another problem is that FS2004 is limitted in the keystroke combinations, so that leaves us with a relatively small number of free keystrokes. You can't use 2 alphanumeric keys in a single keystroke (unlike many shortkey programs I've used).For complete FS2004 control, FSUIPC is the only way to go.Robert:(