Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Air Hauler 2 Updated

Looking at the the company folder what i see is a file "FNCAir085612.db"

This  is  what I got  as my  company   whisky Mekong  71324 pm.db   so don't  know if  your  missing the pm   bit  don't  know  if  its the issue, I just made  a  new  company  and it  got  the pm  before  the db   eg    xxxxxxx PM.db   

ok  edit  seen  your  latest post  in the ah2  forum hope  it  works  out  for  you  be  interesting  to see      if  you had  the pm  before  the  db

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Version 0.9.0.19 is finaly working ok!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding Air Hauler 2:

1. Can it run on a networked PC?
  2. Can the airports being used be limited?
    i.e. it only uses ( payware) airports I select?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

One issue I have found is that when the Menu screen pops up in Sim I all of a sudden get terrible stutters.  I am using FSX DX10 with the fixer and it is super smooth with complex aircraft and ORBX scenery etc until that menu pops up.

Has anyone experienced this?

Jason

Guest JustanotherPilot

1.Yes

2. At the moment only uses default scenery but like AH1 it will later have the provision to import payware/addon scenery

2. At the moment only uses default scenery but like AH1 it will later have the provision to import payware/addon scenery

Question for those in the v2 Beta: Do addon airports not work at all then right now? For example, if I've got an ORBX airfield it won't be selectable or show up in the jobs list?

Was thinking about purchasing, but will hold off if I can't fly between my Orbx PNW airports. Is there any indication of when the import function will become available?

Question for those in the v2 Beta: Do addon airports not work at all then right now? For example, if I've got an ORBX airfield it won't be selectable or show up in the jobs list?

Was thinking about purchasing, but will hold off if I can't fly between my Orbx PNW airports. Is there any indication of when the import function will become available?

Very good question.  I was planning on purchasing this this weekend but this would be a no-go for me too.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Not for the moment, but the developer already said that it will be in the release version.

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

one of my companies uses orbx PAJN as the home base and it works fine. and the majority of the airports i get missions to are ones that have been updated as part of the various tongass, pacific, and south alaska region sceneries. 

i have similar success with another company based at orbx KMRY and in the same case it is mainly assigning airports that have been updated as part of norcal and socal regions. everything seems to work like it should! 

i'm not entirely sure what the import function for addon airports is eventually going to do, or why it will be necessary.. maybe it is for airports that don't exist in the default scenery at all?

i believe if you are interested in only limiting your flights to places you have addons that you can accomplish this by starting additional bases at those airports and bias your mission generation towards 'internal jobs' if you want to focus on flying only those spots.. i got the impression that the dev thinks getting sent to unusual new places was kind of the point of using air hauler in the first place...i am mainly paraphrasing from some discussion on this topic in the early access forum

anyway it's a fun product i've enjoyed using it quite a bit

cheers

-andy crosby

The importance is because addons airports has improved afcads from the default ones. That represents more parking spots, hangars, etc. For now, even if you don´t import addons airports, it works  because default airports has the "basic afcad structure" more or less similar to the addons afcads. It works, but you dont have all the possibilities that an addon airport has. Slopey already said in AH2 forum that this feature will come with the final release version.

The importance is because addons airports has improved afcads from the default ones. That represents more parking spots, hangars, etc. For now, even if you don´t import addons airports, it works  because default airports has the "basic afcad structure" more or less similar to the addons afcads. It works, but you dont have all the possibilities that an addon airport has. 

ah yeah, i understand the differences in the afcads, i guess i'm not clear on what possibilites that really brings to the table. like being restricted to only loading at certain gates or stuff like that? seems ok!

anyway my point in replying to the earlier chap is that it is very much functional already at any airport you care to visit in the sim, they seemed discouraged by that misconception

cheers and happy haulin'

-andy crosby

Ahh, understood. Yes, it works perfectly using default FS and the fun is all there. :wink:

ah yeah, i understand the differences in the afcads, i guess i'm not clear on what possibilites that really brings to the table. like being restricted to only loading at certain gates or stuff like that? seems ok!

anyway my point in replying to the earlier chap is that it is very much functional already at any airport you care to visit in the sim, they seemed discouraged by that misconception

Thanks much. This makes sense. I can do without the extra gates and such for now, I think.

I'll make the purchase this weekend (along with the new Active Sky, and maybe a plane or two, and heck it's going to be an expensive weekend).

i believe if you are interested in only limiting your flights to places you have addons that you can accomplish this by starting additional bases at those airports and bias your mission generation towards 'internal jobs' if you want to focus on flying only those spots

Hi,

Can you elaborate a bit on that?

The reason I would like to limit the available airports is that I don't like the default airports at all, hence I would like to limit them to only the payware/freeware airports I have
(whether they can be imported or not)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hi,

Can you elaborate a bit on that?

The reason I would like to limit the available airports is that I don't like the default airports at all, hence I would like to limit them to only the payware/freeware airports I have

(whether they can be imported or not)

well, basically it randomly creates a bunch of jobs, you can set some parameters with sliders that influence the distance, amount of cargo, stuff like that, one of the sliders controls how many jobs are 'internal' which is mainly shipping things between your bases as i understand it. if you push it all the way to the right i'd guess that it only uses those ones. i don't really know for certain as i have not tested this aspect. i think the main downside to this is that it is expensive to add more bases so it is not something you could start doing at the beginning of a new company.

i have mainly been using it in orbx region areas where all the random airports have at least been fixed up and maybe had a little bit of polishing and details, so the random thing has been really fun for me, but i know what you're sayin about avoiding the default ones, lol some of them are pretty bad..

i think the randomness of ah2's selection is really part of the philosophy behind it's gameplay..

if you want something only to generate flights between your addon airports you might want to look at ideal flight, maybe that is closer to what you are looking for? i think it supports some funcitonality like using a preselected list to choose from ... i haven't used it, it seems interesting and with a lot of features though.

cheers-

andy crosby

• Upvote 1