Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

OOMs are back... partially

Hi all,

Just as a sidenote: I had my very first OOM in Prepar3d yesterday when performing a flight from Stockholm Arlanda to Frankfurt Intl. Airport using the ORBX ESSA scenery along with the Aerosoft Frankfurt V2 scenery, plus the AS A319, FTX Vector, FTX Global, REX 4 TD, FSGRW and my customized UT2 AI Traffic. So, all this together with pretty high settings obviously still provokes an OOM on my build. Never had one since switching to P3D one year ago, but as I am now to 90% GA flying, it is not really surprising to me that the first proper Tubeliner-Flight for months ended up in an OOM now.

Lets see if this is an issue of the novel Aerosoft scenery, as I did not experience any OOM earlier this year when flying from Zurich v2 to Kopenhagen or Stockholm, or when flying from Athens to Zurich etc... Due to some other issues I am anyway looking for the update of Frankfurt V2...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Well, I guess it will be very difficult to find one in my install since the only add-ons I have are PMDG 777 and Carenado B1900d plus ASN...

But I think there are no miracles, and the limitations of 32 bit will always come to live when using heavy add-ons.

When planning to make long flights in the PMDG 777 I also set the autogen to minimums - it's not a factor for me having a lot of autogen when simulating a airline-type mission...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I also had my 1st OOM in EDDF V2 in P3D V3.2. But I could not reproduce it. That was with TextureMaxLoad=12 in the prepar3d.cfg. I removed the entry just to make sure it is not the cause.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

It's been said many times before, unfortunately P3D v3 isn't a magic bullet, i got my first OOM in P3D v3 last week whilst landing at EGLC.  

I was able to avoid these by turning off the tertiary roads within Vector, don't know if that helps in your case.

Bring on 64-bit eh?

Ian R Tyldesley

We have just forgotten that the 600-700mb of extra VAS in P3Dv3 still comes with limitations. :wink:

but we can crank up eyecandy for sure.

EDDFv2 is still new and we might see some improvement later down the road. But i agree EDDFv2 is a big VAS eater 

Michael Moe

• Upvote 2

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I am sure that turning off additional things from Vector will do help regarding VAS usage, I will try to turn those settings further down. The reason I mentioned this issue here is because flying from ESSA to any other airport scenery so far did not result in an OOM, so it seems that EDDF is quiet heavy on VAS compared to other sceneries. And it might be a little chance that it is a bug which will be corrected with the next patch.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I had my first one in a long time recently too, Aerosoft EDDF-Fsdreamteam CYVR in the ifly 747, started hearing the chimes of doom an final approach and then oom after exiting the active runway.

I don't think eddf is to blame though as that should have been long unloaded from memory by the time I got to yvr. I usually switch orbx to global for flights like this to help avoid ooms due to PNW , but I forgot and left orbx set to north america, so I guess the combo of PNW, CYVR and the ifly 747 was just too much.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Guys, it's not P3D, it's MA EDDF. The worst VAS sucker in my P3D collection so far. 

• Upvote 1

I have made some tests during this weekend with new MAF involved and I must say that entire Central Germany region bleeds VAS as hell even without 3rd party LC/Terrain products. I have never paid attention to this until I got MAF and the only german airport that I used so far is T2G EDDM. Add UTX Europe or ORBX LC on the top of that and you'll get deadly recipe for OOM on final. 

I have made some tests during this weekend with new MAF involved and I must say that entire Central Germany region bleeds VAS as hell even without 3rd party LC/Terrain products. I have never paid attention to this until I got MAF and the only german airport that I used so far is T2G EDDM. Add UTX Europe or ORBX LC on the top of that and you'll get deadly recipe for OOM on final. 

I can not confirm this.  I did a flight from LEPA (AS) to EDDF (AS MA 2.0) with PMDGs NGX without any VAS problem. FTX Global, FTX LC EU, UTX 2 Europe and ASN were active. Only some (micro)stutters during approach.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I can not confirm this.  I did a flight from LEPA (AS) to EDDF (AS MA 2.0) with PMDGs NGX without any VAS problem. FTX Global, FTX LC EU, UTX 2 Europe and ASN were active. Only some (micro)stutters during approach.

What was your remaining VAS Value on the approach?

Did not check. But I have no FSUIPC "Ding ... Ding ...". I just repeated the approach (25L) with my "DEFAULT" Settings. Maybe important to add, weather was pretty nice (some days ago, with ASN historical settings), maybe 1/8-2/8 scattered with few dust/fog.

I would not say that I never had OOMs - NGX or T7 at KLAX or KSFO wit FTX NCA and SCA active I get them too until I reduce my settings to moderate-low.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Can someone measure the VAS at EDDF compared to, say, a nearby default airport?  I have been wanting to get it but now I'm a bit nervous.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

How can you monitor VAS usage during a simulation?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=+monitor+vas+usage

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models