Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Retired C-130 FE input concerning CS C-130

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I do not own the C130, and with my current system specs won't for a while. (51 bucks is a lot for a plane I could only fly on my bro's rig):-)But I do own the PMDG Beechcraft 1900 which initially I could not start from cold and dark, but I figured it out. Maybe it will work for the Herk?The condition levers on the PDMG 1900 must be at ground idle before the starter switch is engaged. (Yes, I know you would fry an engine in R/L doing that.) Then, you must be carefull to click on the base of the starter switch, otherwise when it clicks up it will stop a few seconds later cuz the mouse is no longer over it. Hold down the mouse button until lightoff.I think now that I was wrong, but I thought for a while that the throttle had to be advanced so I would not be in beta. But I have done many starts since then at idle, so just give advancing the throttle a try if you are sure you have clicked the base of the start switch.Hope this helps, if it does it's cuz the starting system is built on the default B350- just like the PDMG express 1900C.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest JTEK99

>It is probably what Dave said, but looking at where that is>placed in the Cockpit Inspection check, I would guess that it>should have been labeled Propeller Governing Switches. They>are over on the co-pilot's side shelf panel. There should be>4 guarded switches there. Make sure that they are down in the>normal position. On the real aircraft, they will not close if>the switches themselves are not in the normal governing>position. Hope this helps.Chuck (and Akflyin):Thanks very much for the help!For Chuck... ah! That's what baffles me. If you read page 8 of the Procedures manual, the checklist already states to check the Propellor Governance switches in Item #3 (right before asking to "safety" the Fuel Governance switches). Check it out, very confusing. For Akflyin.... That makes sense, too. In other words, human intervention is not necessary in this case as it's not specifically modeled (i.e., I don't actually have to safety any switches). Or am I reading you wrong?Thanks once again to both of you for all your help with this bird. Much obliged!

You're right sir, I overlooked item 'd' of step 3.ChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ | ASUS A8V Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2Pro | WD 120 gig HDD | WD 80 gig HDD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

The majority of the posts comment mostly on the visual quality of the model and how great it looks; I see few posts that comment on the air file, sound, quality of the manuals, etc. For example, I see from the manual (available on CS's website) that the C130 has an autopilot with a pitch control. Is pitch control working? The pitch control on both the 707 and the 727 were barely usable (in contrast, note the smooth control with Dreamfleet's autopilot). Did they at least manage to come up with a bug free load manager this time around? (They never fixed the problem with the load manager for their 707).Again, the constant comments about visuals (in conjunction with what seems to be a buggy startup procedure) makes me suspicious.ricardo

Hi Larry,I'm the same- I wonder if this "trait" applies to all r/l pilots? Maybe it's just the 30 minutes that getting ready for flight (maybe more if an IFR clearance is involved) imposes always in the real world, and we don't want to have to do it on the sim.??Still- on occasion I love to go through all the motions on the LDS B76 or PMDG B74, from cold and dark.Bruce.

Comparing the start procedure of a PT6 with a T56 is like comparing apples and oranges. The only similarity is that you have to rotate them to start ;-) .Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic

Guest Fishsticks

I finally got it started, should have checked earlier... After you get the GTC up and running, ATM on, engine bleeds on... etc, you still need to check the "wing isolation valves" under the guarded toggle switchs (left and right wing). They need to be placed in the "normal" or down position. After that, just put the condition lever to run and press the start button. Takes a second to come up on speed.For what it's worth, I have no prior experience with Captain Sim and have read a lot of negative comments. Glad I didn't pay them too much attention. I find this aircraft to be very well done and am having a blast flying it. I'm sure there will be issues, but so far I've not found any. I do have a problem with the spot view and my textures going blury, not sure what that is about...BTW, I have over 11,000 hours flying the U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 so this is long awaited for me... Retired now so this is as good as it's gonna get for me, I'm afraid.Hope this helps a little. Dave Gorton

Guest tracker_tech

Downloaded the aircraft last night and, as an ex-fitter on CP-140 Aurora's I just had to start up the old T56's from cold. It took a bit but I managed to get them going using air impingement starting with air from the GTC (APU). While I can't go through the whole procedure just now, remember that:- the ECL levers have to be in the RUN position;- there has to be a path for the air from the GTC (APU) to the engine that you are starting so make sure the GTC BLEED AIR VALVE is open, the WING ISOLATION VALVE is open for the side that has the engine you want to start (leave the other side closed or you may lose air), and ENGINE BLEED AIR switch is open on the engine you want to start;- put TEMPERATURE DATUM CONTROL VALVES to Auto;- use ENGINE FUEL ENRICHMENT (provides extra fuel for starting);- Make sure you have electrons (for the igniters) by making sure the GTC generator is online and supplying power.- press and hold the start switch for the engine until you get light-off (ignition)- once your engine is running ... reset the generator for that engine and make sure it's online;- close the GTC BLEED AIR VALVE;- then use the ENGINE BLEED AIR from your running engine to start the other engines ... and remember to make sure both WING ISOLATION VALVE switches are open when attempting to use air from an engine on one side of the aircraft to supply an engine on the other side!Hope this helps...Cheers,BrianFlight Simmer since version 2ex Aero Engine Technician (CP-121 Tracker, CC-115 Buffalo, CH-113A Labrador, CP-140 Aurora, CT-133 Silver Star)

Mr. Gorton, you called it with those Wing Isolation Valves! Funny how something that is different than the real thing can throw one off so easily. Anyway, I got them started using the GTC and ATM, now if I could just get external power to work on this beast, I wouldn't have to be doing a DC start everytime!.Also, just something I noticed, but the start cycle that the engines go through on the final product are very very fast, unrealistically so. The beta version we tested was fast enough, but more realistic than it is now. I wonder if CS might modify the start routine to slow that down a bit.ChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ | ASUS A8V Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2Pro | WD 120 gig HDD | WD 80 gig HDD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

I have the blurry problem too. Overall I am enjoying learning to the systems on this bird. I have a queston for some of the C130 people here, is it normal to have the generators jump offline when going from reverse to idle? I am not sure if thats FS having a problem or the CS Herc.Thanks

Guest Moosenoodles

Hi guys, seeing as someone posted a "where is this" switch item.5. Anti-icing and de-icing switches - SET.a. NESA - OFF.b. NACELLE PREHEAT - OFF.c. PROP & ENG ANTI-ICING MASTER

There is no bleed air divider valve on this model. As far as I know for the USAF C-130's bleed air divider valves did not get installed on any of the slick C-130E models, but our H1's have them.ChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ | ASUS A8V Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2Pro | WD 120 gig HDD | WD 80 gig HDD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest Moosenoodles

Ahh ok im in the K model at the min ... thanks for your reply btw, I wonder if there is like an amendment sheet for what is not on certain models in comparison, if not one of them would be lovely right? :)thanks again.. im sure ill be asking more questions as i go through start up :)

Guest JIMJAM

Im considering jumping in on this one but think Ill wait a wee bit longer. At least until the beta testers and real lifers figure out how to start it up. Nice looking Hummer too. Anyone figure out how to load it up or get it out yet?