Sign in to follow this  
flesland

deactivate tower view when flying

Hey friends, I have a situation that is very annoying for me. when i'm flying I like very much to change views, and you know that there's a cycle of views, first if you are in virtual cockpit, and you press "S" in keyboard the view change to spot plane view, then you press "S" keyboard again and you go to "nearest airport" but when you press "S" key in order to return to virtual cockpit, you can see that outside the ground textures are vanish and slowly them start to return, turning this very annoying to me, so I have realized that if I made rapidly the transition from spot plane, then nearest tower and at last virtual cockpit, the vanish efects of ground textures is minimum. 

So my request for all of you guys is:

Is there a possibility to deactivate the "nearest tower view" when flying and only have the chance to activate again when app or maybe when takeoff .

My Prepar3D V3 are settled almost every options to very high or ultra, with HDR effects on, Vsinc OFF, sampler 4X, anisotropic 16X, FPS limited to 31 FPS, using Nvidia Inspector for settings.

I don't want to think to decrease quality of textures in order to get rid of this problem, maybe there´s another solution. :mad:

this is my specs for my desktop PC:  

- Windows 7 ultimate 64 bits with files updated.

- Intel I7 4790K  at 4.0 Ghz no overclocked yet (only a few days with this brand new desktop PC)

- Asus Z97-E motherboard LGA1150

- Asus GeForce GTX 980TI not overclocked yet

- G. Skill RipjawsX 1600 Mhz, 16GB RAM

- Noctua NH-D15S.

I have installed ORBX FTX Global Base, Vector and Europe Landclass.(currently flying around Europe)

The temperatures of my CPU and GPU when flying with PMDG737NGX are 44°C and 55°C to 60°C respectively.

this is what I'm talking about

Picture before tower view

---------------------------------

http://postimg.org/image/slhcqwm5n/

before_tower_view.jpg

As you can see ground texture are very nice before pass through tower view!!

Picture after tower view

------------------------------

http://postimg.org/image/yacgk0563/

after_tower_view.jpg

but after passing throught tower view, ground textures seems to vanish!!!

Thanks in advance !!!

Nibaldo Soto A.

This behavior is by design - nothing wrong with your system -

To disable tower views:

Open the cameras.cfg file - same location as prepar3d.cfg file.

Locate the tower views

set this entry - if not there - add it 

cyclehidden=yes

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Is there a possibility to deactivate the "nearest tower view" when flying and only have the chance to activate again when app or maybe when takeoff .

In case you didn't know: you can also press SHIFT-S to go back in the viewing cycle instead of pressing S all the time...  :wink: So when you are in the VC and want to go to spot view, press S, and to get back into the VC press SHIFT-S. Simple as that. Also works with the A-views. This way you still have all views available for whenever you want to, like during takeoff or approach. Editing the cfg will remove the view 'forever'.

Another option would be to right click on the screen and select any view you want, like the VC, from the popup menu to go straight to that view.

Thanks for help and advice to all of you !!

Nibaldo Soto A.