Sign in to follow this  
malct

Whats your thoughts on this pc

Hi, medion are selling desktop PCs for under £200 with a 3.6 ghz processor. I am currently running a old 3,2 processor and it's running very slow and frames per minute massively reduce it I am at a busy airport. I have the fsx se with a good few airport addons .

What's your thoughts on the spec below and would it make a decent fsx sim?

The medion spec is

Intel® Core i3-4160 processor

Windows 8.1

1,000 GB hard drive

4 GB RAM memory

DVD/CD burner

WLAN

Intel® HD graphics

The MEDION® AKOYA® E2049 E desktop PC is your powerful partner for the wide variety of tasks that arise in your office or at your home workstation. An intelligent Intel® Core i3-4160 processor ensures quick and smooth work processes and offers the perfect introduction to the multimedia world. Editing text files, creating tables and presentations and accessing your files, the Internet or e-mail account can now be achieved even quicker thanks to Windows 8.1.

The performance of the processor is supported by integrated Intel® HD graphics, which make a significant contribution to the reliable performance of the PC, whilst this solution also reduces electricity consumption.

The 4 GB RAM memory ensures that multiple processes can run simultaneously, such as taking part in a video conference, reworking a presentation and searching the Internet. The desktop PC boasts a 1,000 GB hard drive for saving your documents and your favourite films and music. The MEDION® AKOYA® E2049 boasts the latest interface technologies, WLAN and USB 3.0 ports for connecting to external devices and the Internet, as well as for the fast transfer of data. A multi-standard DVD/CD burner rounds off the features on the MEDION® AKOYA® E2049.

Windows 8.1 -

it's more productive, more personal and offers even greater choice

The new Windows operating system fits in perfectly with your individual requirements.

New customisation options for the Start screen: with contacts, apps and websites.

Work faster and smarter thanks to the Start button and an optimised search function.

Intel® Core i3-4160 processor

(3.60 GHz, 3 MB Intel® Smart Cache)

Performance on demand.

Treat yourself to a new PC with the latest Intel® Core processor. The superb performance, sensational graphics and integrated safety features allow you to stay productive at all times, play games to your heart's content, implement creative ideas and enjoy a wide range of entertainment.

Intel® HD graphics

1000 GB hard drive

You'll never have to worry about storage space again. Thanks to its large 1,000 GB hard drive, you will always have plenty of space to save all your movies, pictures, music tracks and other files. Enough for more than 200,000 music tracks or photos (at 4 MB per track/photo)

4 GB DDR3 memory

Thanks to cutting-edge, high-performance memory technology, you can run several processes and applications simultaneously without affecting the system performance

Multi-standard DVD/CD burner*

with DVD-RAM and dual-layer support

*You may only make copies of material for which you own the copyright, or for which you have obtained permission to make copies from the copyright owner. If you are not the owner of the copyright and you do not have the permission of the copyright owner to copy the content, you might be in breach of copyright law and thus liable to possible prosecution and claims for damages.

CPU: Intel® Core i3-4160 processor

Operating system (OEM version): Windows 8.1

Clock Frequency: 3.6 Ghz

Memory size: 4 GB

Hard disk capacity: 1 TB

Graphic: Intel® HD graphics

Optical drives:

Multi-standard DVD/CD burner

with DVD-RAM and dual-layer support

Sound: 6-channel high-definition audio**

Miscellaneous:

Keyboard and mouse

Multi-card reader for MS, SD, MMC and xD memory cards (memory cards not supplied)

Connections:

Front:

1 x USB 3.0

1 x USB 2.0

1 x mic in

1 x audio out

multi-card reader

Rear:

4 x USB 2.0

1 x LAN (RJ-45)

1 x HDMI

1 x D-Sub VGA

1 x Display Port

Audio**:

1 x front line out

1 x line in/rear line out

1x mic in/centre/subwoofer line out

LAN: Network Controller Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbit/s) on board

WLAN: b/g/n

Software:

Windows 8.1

Free test version of Microsoft Office 365

A free 30-day test version of Office 365 is pre-installed on this PC. You will need to purchase Microsoft Office to continue using the full functionality of the

Office software once the trial period has expired.

Windows Essentials

Extensive Windows 8.1 app package Featuring numerous apps optimally adapted for Windows 8.1.

McAfee LiveSafe - free 30-day trial version pre-installed. Your data. Your identity. All your devices. Completely protected by McAfee LiveSafe. After 30 days, you must purchase a licence if you want to continue using the software.

In the box: PC, keyboard & mouse, mains cable, warranty booklet

Dimensions: 180 x 365 x 410 (WxHxD)

Warranty: 12 Months

Memory size: 4 GB

Graphic: Intel® HD graphics

This is extremely poor. At least 8GB and a proper video card will help loads, that CPU "video card" won't do much for the simulator and i doubt it would be a significative upgrade from what you have right now.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

That's an incredibly weak PC for any sort of gaming to be honest, let alone simming.

The i3 processor is pretty low end, and you really need a dedicated graphics card at least.

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

The fact that there is no additional information where it states Intel HD graphics speaks volumes.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thank you for your replies, well can forget about this PC then and seek something better.

I read that the AMD processors are not so good with the fsx and the Microsoft processors are better since fsx was part of Microsoft. Is this correct?

I read that the AMD processors are not so good with the fsx and the Microsoft processors are better since fsx was part of Microsoft. Is this correct?

What Microsoft processors? Those don't exist. Current gen AMD CPU's are terrible for just about everything though. I think you meant to say Intel.

Sorry, Intel not Microsoft processors

Maybe after the Zen AMD CPU's are released we will see performance come back to be on par with Intel but for right now don't even bother looking at the AMD CPU's.

The fact that there is no additional information where it states Intel HD graphics speaks volumes.

You don't need any additional information. Based on the processor code you know what GPU is in it.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.