Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Carenado B1900d....

Well,

with my fresh install of P3Dv3.2, which I am really enjoying, I am using, appart from the default aircraft, only two add-ons:

- PMDG 777 200, which I had bought sometime ago, but never used

- The Carenado B1900d, my only Carenado ever!

After having read for years about the poor level of detail, flight dynamics, systems modeling regarding Carenado modules, I have to say I am very very positively surprised by this one.

Not only the flight dynamics look / feel very good to me, very plausible, but details like even FF with RPM for the PT-6 have been fine tuned to a level I wasn't expecting!

It runs smooth as silk too, and has astounding graphics in p3d v3.2.

What other Carenado for P3D would you recommend ?

Thx for any hints

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I fly the CT206H with G1000 in FSE.  It isn't perfect (cowl flaps don't do anything and landing light isn't bright enough, piddly stuff), but the flight model seems pretty realistic to me.  Small cessna aircraft are what I have 90% of my real flight time in so it is the only type I am even slightly familiar with in real life (and only slightly).  My only actual gripe with this one is the height of the inst panel.  In order to see over you have to move your eyepoint very high and then when you look to the sides you loosee a bit of your view because it's cutoff by the top of the side window frame.  Aside from that though, I love the 206.  I have a few others I like but I fly the 206 a TON.  I think almost 500 hours on FSE.  It'll get you high enough to get over quite a bit of weather and still maintain a decent ground speed.  You can slow down to a crawl on full flaps for super short field landings.  Leaned out at a good altitude I get 13.5GPH.  On full tanks I can make it over 800 miles.  With a tail wind and altitude I can cruise at 150-180kts GS.  It's just versatile and pretty realistic, to me.  

Thx  carguy4471!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

with my fresh install of P3Dv3.2

Caranado's web site shows it as compatible with P3D V1.4 and V2.0, did you have to do anything special to get it installed?

Thanks

Eugene

Skymaster is very good, it's one of the better Carenado aircraft.

Cheers!

Maarten

It's not bad, but there's quite a few things they could have done to make it better in terms of systems and avionics.

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

Well,

with my fresh install of P3Dv3.2, which I am really enjoying, I am using, appart from the default aircraft, only two add-ons:

- PMDG 777 200, which I had bought sometime ago, but never used

- The Carenado B1900d, my only Carenado ever!

What other Carenado for P3D would you recommend ?

Thx for any hints

The C90GTX King Air is really nice..

Bert

Thx Bert!

Overload, I simply ran the installer and noticed that all folders had been placed at the same folder level where p3d is, so, I simply had to move them all inside, merging with those with the same names of course... Just that!

Main Simulation Rig:

Overload, I simply ran the installer and noticed that all folders had been placed at the same folder level where p3d is, so, I simply had to move them all inside, merging with those with the same names of course... Just that!

Thanks - doesn't sound too difficult..

Eugene

The recently released Carenado Shrike Commander seems to be popular too.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Ths cowpatz, I was actually considering that one :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

I normally stay clear of Carenado as I am a "systems" kind of guy and unfortunately this is not something Carenado is known for.

However there are not many systems in an Aero Commander and the FDE is suposed to be very good and not the usual mediocre stuff.

Well worth a look and I will probably break my oath and get it myself (when "she who must be obeyed" is not looking that is. :)

Cheers

Steve Hall