Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.3.3 Released

EDIT: as usual, best to wait for those 3rd party providers (FSUIPC, Orbx ObjectFlow, Virtuali, ASN, F1 GTN 750, REX Weather Radar, etc. etc.) that have a version specific reliance to get their product V3.3 aware.

It's the same as prior P3D versions, any vendor (like GTN 750 folks) that has a reliance outside the standard P3D SDK process, they will need to update their products for the new version.  Fortunately most of these vendors have been VERY quick (some even before official release) to get their products updated.

Cheers, Rob.

It's the same as prior P3D versions, any vendor (like GTN 750 folks) that has a reliance outside the standard P3D SDK process, they will need to update their products for the new version.  Fortunately most of these vendors have been VERY quick (some even before official release) to get their products updated.

Cheers, Rob.

The same process for installing Client, Content, Scenery.msi's separatedly?

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Well the OrbX forums are down, which is very timely...

Going to hold off installing this for a while.

Doesn't seem to contain any major fixes, although they mentioned improved cloud rendering performance. There's also a fix for the Z-fighting issue that happens at some airports like OrbX KSQL.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

It's the same as prior P3D versions, any vendor (like GTN 750 folks) that has a reliance outside the standard P3D SDK process, they will need to update their products for the new version. Fortunately most of these vendors have been VERY quick (some even before official release) to get their products updated.

Cheers, Rob.

So now, when we buy products for P3D...do we need to look for P3D3.3.3 compatible???  I'm a little scared to apply this update since I don't know what, besides the GTNs, will break.  The good news is that I only have 5 or so airplanes in this build but...EZCA, GSX, FSUIPC and a bunch of airports.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Any minute now Bobsky will come in here and start complaining lol

• Upvote 3

Thank you Elaine and Rob for the heads up and the info...

This one seems like only the Client installer will be needed for most.

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

So now, when we buy products for P3D...do we need to look for P3D3.3.3 compatible???  I'm a little scared to apply this update since I don't know what, besides the GTNs, will break.  The good news is that I only have 5 or so airplanes in this build but...EZCA, GSX, FSUIPC and a bunch of airports.

Anyone who advertises "Prepar3D v3" compatibility is pretty much committed for the entire v3 lifecycle although in theory they could stop supporting their product at v3.2 or something.. They wouldn't keep many customers, though.

Also this only affects add-ons that mess with things outside of the SDK. Long-term, I hope LM can extend the SDK so that "hacks" like hooking into specific memory addresses etc. can be eliminated.

• Upvote 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Long-term, I hope LM can extend the SDK so that fewer "hacks" like hooking into specific memory addresses etc. can be eliminated.

That will be cool indeed. 

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Don't see any compelling reason to update at the moment, i think perhaps i'll wait a few weeks.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

Improved cloud rendering performance is reason enough :)   Well.... after there are updates for the other addons.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Don't see any compelling reason to update at the moment, i think perhaps i'll wait a few weeks.

+1, nothing that stands out for me and ive only just got 3.2 reinstalled and running after going to win 10 

Prepar3D V 3.3.3 has been released. 

If you have purchased Prepar3D V3,  you can Log in and Download the next Update V 3.3.3  from here  http://www.prepar3d....ased_downloads/

==========

You can updated Prepar3D to Version 3.3.3 using the New Component\Updater Installers. Click the link and follow the Tutorial.   http://www.avsim.com...stallers/page-1                                

Please Note:   I will be updating this Tutorial and posting it on the link above on any changes (If Any) of using this method to Update Prepar3D that the latest update brings.   

For Beginners: It is highly recommended to Download the Complete Download from the Prepar3D site and do the Update process then,  Its highly recommended,  its Not a must.

Edited by Jim Young

Mas usual, best to wait for those 3rd party providers (FSUIPC, Orbx ObjectFlow, Virtuali, ASN, F1 GTN 750, REX Weather Radar, etc. etc.) that have a version specific reliance to get their product V3.3 aware.

FSUIPC 4.955, released today, supports P3D 3.3,

BTW, you never need to uninstall FSUIPC first.

Pete

• Upvote 6

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Pete,

Thanks... Anyone know of any third party software restrictions if I move from P3D Pro to Pro+... Just upgraded to plus, let the multi computer setup begin. 8-)

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck