Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.3.3 Released

Geez, just tried to activate after a full install and got the following error.

NO REMAINING ACTIVATIONS(5013)

Bob

Did you do a COMPLETE uninstall of ALL modules?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Please Note: Regarding 3rd Party Software (Ad On's) Uninstall these first. You only need to Uninstall and Reinstall Add On's that you have Installed directly into your main Prepar3D folder.

Frankly I don't understand why these sentences get a green flag...

You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT have to uninstall these add-ons! They will work fine, just as with 3.2

The change is, you can - may - might install those into different places, as it has been with the previous version.

Why to alienate users or create fear?

Potroh

i am on the beta version of redstone, so far it works fine with p3d 3.3.3, microsoft have stopped further development at this point to prepare for the july release with bug fixes,another new release next year, i assume microsoft plans on keeping windows 10 a rolling release.

Frankly I don't understand why these sentences get a green flag...

You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT have to uninstall these add-ons! They will work fine, just as with 3.2

The change is, you can - may - might install those into different places, as it has been with the previous version.

Why to alienate users or create fear?

Potroh

Read it again  :smile:

Read Option 1 again.   To Update Prepar3D using the New Update Installers  

Read Option 2 again.    To do a Complete Uninstall and Reinstall of Prepar3D   

This is the only line that was of some interest to me: 'Added cloud facing mode setting to the weather section of the Prepar3D.cfg, refer to the Weather Settings section in learning center'. Hope that enables you to disable rotating clouds. I think I will wait with 'updating' until it's time to reinstall Windows 10. I am in no hurry at all.

Yea, I'd also like to know what this is and if it has to do with the "spinning clouds" issue. Didn't find anything in the learning center on the p3d site.

I couldn't see a thing that is making me want to upgrade. Most things are for Sim Director. I also don't have a problem with clouds. (but I do with superfluous shadow textures on ground.)

I guess if you run a "pit " with all the bells, whistles, levers and switches, then there is probably a couple of things in there for you.   

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

OK, what's next?

Installed the new client and content portions to upgrade from P3D v3.2 to v3.3 without a problem or hitch. Great performance and rendering but can't see any real difference or change one way or another.

The absence of drama and bad things happening when upgrading versions is good, very good!

Kind regards,

• Upvote 1

OK, what's next?

Installed the new client and content portions to upgrade from P3D v3.2 to v3.3 without a problem or hitch. Great performance and rendering but can't see any real difference or change one way or another.

The absence of drama and bad things happening when upgrading versions is good, very good!

Kind regards,

GTN or Ezca loaded and did it explode ? thanks 

Rich Sennett

EZdok is working perfect.

GTN 750 is waiting for an Update

Active Sky Next Latest Stable Version 4.1,  Needs to be Updated to the Latest Beta Version

Ultimate Traffic 2 is perfect 

So to get the latest 3.3 from 3.2 for those that want the bug fixes like the 3rd party menu fix, cloud rendering fix, etc.. one just needs to get the "client" and this will not mess up any scenery installed in the main folder like Orbx Global products like Global Textures, Vector, etc... or 3rd party stuff such as FSDT scenery, PMDG aircraft, etc... Sorry for what some may classify as a dumb question but this is my first time updating P3D and don't want to screw it up.

Eric 

EZdok is working perfect.

GTN 750 is waiting for an Update

Active Sky Next Latest Stable Version 4.1,  Needs to be Updated to the Latest Beta Version

Ultimate Traffic 2 is perfect 

Thanks Elaine - waiting on Eric's question

Rich Sennett

Only installed client and EZCA and GTN are a no go - no  workie anymore so GTN is a no brainer it will get updated but wondering about EZCA ?

Rich Sennett

Learned my lesson on these before...

Waiting at least a week or two

Anyone else noticed VAS issues?

The simulator doesn't seem to be dumping memory upon changing the location of the aircraft and/or changing the time within the simulator. Immediate OOM upon doing any of the aforementioned.

EDIT: After downloading/installing the current (beta) version of ASN, I'm unable to inject weather. I get the following error(s). This contradicts Elaine's statement earlier that ASN is fully-functional. 

9523b74e9c.jpg

020c9aff9e.jpg

Ok after saying oh well guess I will install content and scenery now also EZCA is working perfectly as Elaine had posted - I installed FTX Global and libraries only thing now is GTN update and good to go - keep in mind I had no payware airports except for ORBX KEGE and KTEX - all good - now I can add the big hitters - cool stuff - thanks LM and Rob 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett