Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

Next Generation iNTERACTiVE Software and Diamond Visionics

Ngis (new flight simulator) partnership with Diamond Vision

http://nexgenflightsim.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

A look at Diamond Visionics tech

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

In my mind, even a limited area sim might do well *if* it has great flight dynamics, real engine operation (FSX/P3D still has significant bugs/limitations...I can imagine the developer in charge of this ringing there hands saying "but...but...but...".  This is a significant space.), realistic weather including visuals and turbulence in storms.  There are still *huge* opportunities in this space.  The flat earth problem, however, means the sim can't grow too far which means DLC and ongoing excitement might be rather limited.

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Outstanding visuals but what about AI and the plane?

I see this "next gen flight simulator" as total bunk now. They talk and talk and talk and we still haven't seen a think but a demo built by Unreal. Where are they getting the money? Who makes up their team? Etc etc etc.

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

My initial thought was that considering the similarities of approach, Aerofly would be a much more natural partner to a company like Diamond Visionics.

Go figure.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

A look at Diamond Visionics tech

Advance that "Take a Flight" video to about the 2:11 mark where the preview image is, pause the clip and take a close look at that parking lot with cars on the right. Low-res and flat as a pancake. Even worse, when you get to the threshold there's a vaguely plane-shaped blur painted on the ground to your right. Guess that's supposed to be another plane. Typical orthophoto-based scenery problems .

They're showing high density 3D objects in the Manhattan flyover, but who knows how much of that you could get in an actual flight model vs. a pre-rendered clip? I don't see anything to get excited about here.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I honestly don't know what to think of them and I'll wait with my final judgement until they have something to show, which might not be in the near future as they say.

However, what bothers me most is the messianic tone they adopt ("The Future of Consumer Flight Simulation is secure"). It seems so misplaced considering there are several other parties actively working on flight sims - and most all of them with at least a bit more or way more experience than NGIS has. A more modest rhetoric would certainly suit them, I feel.

Advance that "Take a Flight" video to about the 2:11 mark where the preview image is, pause the clip and take a close look at that parking lot with cars on the right. Low-res and flat as a pancake. Even worse, when you get to the threshold there's a vaguely plane-shaped blur painted on the ground to your right. Guess that's supposed to be another plane. Typical orthophoto-based scenery problems .

To be fair, our current landclass type scenery's have their own issues as well, that only years of familiarity allow us to generally ignore.

They're showing high density 3D objects in the Manhattan flyover, but who knows how much of that you could get in an actual flight model vs. a pre-rendered clip? I don't see anything to get excited about here.

Since we don't know if its a pre-rendered clip or real-time, I myself have no basis for judging, either way.

Insufficient data.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

To be fair, our current landclass type scenery's have their own issues as well, that only years of familiarity allow us to generally ignore.

That's true, but it's usually a question of landclass plus OSM-based buildings not exactly matching what's there in real life, which (for me, anyway) is mainly an issue if I've been there and know what it looks like. 

I'm spoiled by seeing high resolution textures on runways and surrounding grass, which you can get now with landclass and auto-gen, instead of the blurry low-res bitmaps we're seeing here. I can even see shadows from autogen trees and buildings that move with the sun during the day, and terrain that changes color with sunset lighting. Not to mention what's possible when flying at night. For me, that's a good trade-off for the ground not perfectly matching reality.

I know there are fans of orthophoto scenery and I think we'll always have that option available, even if you have to do it yourself for private use with Google data. I just think landclass + autogen has a brighter future as our data sources and CPU/GPU rendering ability continues to improve.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Risk of closure? Was there a bad post that's hidden now, or something? 

Devons rig

Hi Devon,

I have removed topics like this one in the past.  Stephen.B has tried unsuccessfully to get our membership interested in his site by announcing this so-called attempt for a new flight simulator.  I allowed it for some time here a couple of years ago but told him he needs to set up his own website and discuss it there.  He set up his own website.  Now, we have individuals "innocently" posting topics about this next generation flight simulator.  Nothing has changed.  There is no flight simulator and I believe, extremely strongly, this is just another attempt to raise interest and for everyone to see his website.  Like everyone else here, links to personal websites are not allowed in topics or posts but an individual can place it in his signature if it follows the guidelines in our signature policies.  Previous topics about this so-called next generation flight sim have gone south.  I do not want our membership scammed.  I have no problems with a developer posting a new concept or new product but this has been discussed several times here.  I expect to see an announcement that a product has been released next.  Future topics about this so-called new flight simulator will be removed unless it is an announcement it has been released.

So this topic is now closed and I will remove the Risk of Closure banner.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10