Sign in to follow this  
SpeedbirdA320FO

Your new PMDG DC-6 base

In true 'release party' style;

Where are you going to be basing your new old ( :P) PMDG DC-6 when she is delivered to you?

I recently got X-Plane 10 to try another aircraft and I've been hooked but it does mean my world of nice looking scenery is sparse and as such choosing a base of operations is tricky! Of course you can fly it anywhere but I prefer to choose a base and go from there but that is just me, what about you? :)

EGRF Renfrew airport. I had to make the airport myself because it closed in '66 and was demolished in '74.

vpa118.png

Rico van Dijk

Obviously John Wayne. I'm going to do my first flight, and probably engine failure, and probably dual engine failure, and probably triple engine failure, and probably quad engine failure, and probably crash, on Pilotedge. I'm so excited, it'll finish downloading in 15 mins...  :dance:

Yes, I'll be doing the Alaska tour too!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Alaska is absolutely the place for this plane, for me. :smile:

I'll be flying some Everts Air Cargo runs, all across Alaska from Barrow to Valdez, and Nome to Juneau.

Don't have it yet though.   Blew my X-Plane budget on a poor quality A320 and A330.... :wink:

Does the PMDG DC-6 come with an Everts livery "out the box", anyone?

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Here's the list of Liveries, Bill

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/liveries.html

You will need to unzip them and save in the liveries for each variant DC6A and DC6B (standard X-plane livery management).

I was hoping the PMDG tool might have been able to detect the DC6, but it's not a big deal. :) Great aircraft. I think that X-Plane will be the optimal platform for this particular plane, since there are so many features which may not make it into FSX/P3D such as the engine-heat effect and the panel shaking effect.

PS Bill, since you are on the PMDG forums, a first and last name is required on the signature too.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Where are you going to be basing your new old ( :P) PMDG DC-6 when she is delivered to you?

KPHX for me - there's a nice free scenery available by MisterX6, and it's not too far to KLAX or KSFO (both also with very nice free sceneries).

ACH1506.jpg

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” — Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

SLLP - Of Course!!

Draining the batteries of the small calculator, trying to figure out the right amount of stuff, people and fuel to put on board, for a safe departure at 13,300 ft ASL!

While I have Steve Dra "lined up" for a livery of Lloyd Aereo Boliviano's DC-6 for FSX, whenever it comes out, is there a volunteer to paint one for X-Plane?

I have photographs that I would forward, for a guide.

Cheers to all, the engineer is calling to start the engines!!

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

My base is EFTP, Tampere in Finland. Got a nice payware scenery. Going to fly out of there on IVAO, as soon I'm more comfortable with the DC-6.

And I hope to get a KAR-AIR livery aswell in near future. :P Or at least a paint-kit to create it on my own.

Alaska for me, flying mostly between PAJN and 19AK (Icy Bay), some great scenery on the way and two fantastic freeware airports. Flying the Everts Air Cargo.

Alaska for me, flying mostly between PAJN and 19AK (Icy Bay), some great scenery on the way and two fantastic freeware airports. Flying the Everts Air Cargo.

I wanted to do this too but the only airport I found was the Aerosoft PANC.  Are these airports you call fantastic from flatland or are there actual structures?  Where are they found?  Many thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP