Sign in to follow this  
SpeedbirdA320FO

Your new PMDG DC-6 base

I wanted to do this too but the only airport I found was the Aerosoft PANC.  Are these airports you call fantastic from flatland or are there actual structures?  Where are they found?  Many thanks.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/profile/125097-misterx6/&do=content&type=downloads_file&change_section=1

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/26184-19ak-icy-bay-alaska/

Happy flying! MisterX makes some of THE best freeware airports available for X-Plane 10, some are better than a lot of payware airports in my opinion. You must download all required files in order for the scenery's to work though, links are provided on the download page. Once downloaded just put into your Custom Scenery folder within the X-Plane directory and away you go.  

Can't leave it in one place to call it based. I've not landed in the same airport twice since I downloaded it!

Eirik Mcferrin

If she ever comes to FSX I plan to pull a John Wayne and fly between PHNL_KSFO and feather an engine just past the point of no return. I might even slap the Captian a a couple of times to bring him to his senses.

Vic green

If she ever comes to FSX I plan to pull a John Wayne and fly between PHNL_KSFO and feather an engine just past the point of no return. I might even slap the Captian a a couple of times to bring him to his senses.

The High and The Mighty aircraft was a DC-4.

Dan Downs KCRP

The High and The Mighty aircraft was a DC-4.

I know. But that's just because Batjac was too cheap to use a 6.

Vic green

Did Ernie use a DC-6 in the book?  I've got the movie but not that book.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've read the book and just flipped through it and I didn't see anywhere he  names the aircraft. I know back then several types were used on that route. Great story.

Vic green

I've read the book and just flipped through it and I didn't see anywhere he  names the aircraft. I know back then several types were used on that route. Great story.

I suspect it was a DC-4 in his story because he mentions them in "Fate is the Hunter," when he starts flying the Brazil-Ascension-Gold Coast routes, and talks about how great an airplane it was. LOL especially compared to the C-87, which managed to kill many of his compatriots.

Dan Downs KCRP