Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JUN16] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster Released for X-Plane!

Hi,

if I buy the Windows-Version now ist the upcoming Mac-version included or will that be a separate purchase?

Greetings

Stefan Rakel

Hi,

if I buy the Windows-Version now ist the upcoming Mac-version included or will that be a separate purchase?

Greetings

Stefan Rakel

Seems like ti will be entirely separate so hold off on your purchase if you don't have a windows machine.

Hi Robert,

Matt-

I can't recall if we have said this clearly or not:  We do not plan to support any operating systems beyond Mac OS and Windows.

The linux community makes up about 1% of all X-Plane users- so it is financially impossible for us to venture into that arena...

Sorry!

You've not said anything since you wrote this on 12. septembre 2014 :

PMDG's First Product for use with Laminar Research's XPlane:

The promise of PMDG's entry into the Xplane platform has been dangling out there for a couple of years now- and has recently taken some pretty bold steps toward finally being realized.  Xplane has offered some significant challenges to us in terms of fundamentally changing the way in which we develop products so that we can offer our Xplane products across x32, x64, Windows, iOS and Linux...

So, you've effectively raised some hopes in the community.

FYI, Linux is 3% of the X-Plane market, not 1%.

I can understand the complexity of developing for several OS and several sims, so I'm not too bitter. But I wish you had clarified this sooner.

I wish you good luck for your X-Plane first product.

Pascal Lachat

• Upvote 1

Do make sure you read the intro and tutorial - (...)

Ryan/all,

are there any plans to publish the intro doc and/or the tutorial for the DC-6 separately like you did with the NGX, for example? For those of us who would like to read beyond the product page before purchase?

Thanks!

Oliver Märtens (Maertens)

are there any plans to publish the intro doc and/or the tutorial for the DC-6 separately like you did with the NGX, for example? For those of us who would like to read beyond the product page before purchase?

Already there:

[X-Plane Root]\Airplanes\PMDG\DC-6\Documentation

Two tutorials (with scenarios) and an intro.

Hi, ADF panels will be made in the next patch?

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - are required in your posts here.

The ADF is already functional. The radio is to the left of the GPS.

Kyle Rodgers

Already there:

[X-Plane Root]\Airplanes\PMDG\DC-6\Documentation

Two tutorials (with scenarios) and an intro.

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - are required in your posts here.

The ADF is already functional. The radio is to the left of the GPS.

Kyle he means whether those two documents can be made available for potential customers.

Not an X-Plane user here,

seems the response so far has been positive. Congratulations for another fine product release to all of PMDG. I saw a few DC-6s last year at the local airport. Was a nice experience to hear them come to life and take-off. Maybe one day you will give us some hands-on footage of your aircraft visits, as some other developers do.

Also, it's nice to witness the hysteria which follows in the wake of every new product. I hope you get lot of positive feedback and can take a few days off, after the first polishing patch.

PMDG,

Thanks for your fine release of the DC-6B for XP10. I purchased the product and am pleased with it. I appreciate the attention to detail and the FE is a terrific aid. The amount of clever programming to be helpful to the user is impressive. Note: The FE checklists tend to be a little slow to me - even if they do reflect real world manipulations and time. A minor problem - I am just an impatient pilot I guess.

I am looking forward to your next XP release. Keep up the good work.

Jim Morgan

Hi Robert,

You've not said anything since you wrote this on 12. septembre 2014 :

So, you've effectively raised some hopes in the community.

FYI, Linux is 3% of the X-Plane market, not 1%.

I can understand the complexity of developing for several OS and several sims, so I'm not too bitter. But I wish you had clarified this sooner.

I wish you good luck for your X-Plane first product.

Pascal Lachat

Too bad, I would really like to fly it. :sad:

But still hoping for it to happen at some later time, shouldn't be too hard to port.

Even if officially only SteamOS or Ubuntu or whatever is supported. (Even no "official" support but distributing the modules build for linux would be an option for me. Basically one would buy the mac version and download the modules separately or someting like that.)

Will wait for it, I won't buy a second PC just for PMDG, and won't be able to dualboot most of the time because of debugging long-running services etc. :/

Another vote for Linux,

Jim Goodway

Congratulations on the release, PMDG!

I would be interested to hear what your impressions are as far as X-Plane goes?

Did you need to to a lot of 'workarounds' as in FSX (as i'm sure you had to stretch the limits there)?

Thanks

Mark Foti

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

...just wonder when we will se the release of the dc-6 for fsx, months? years???...

regards

per a stahle

• Upvote 1