Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Just ordered the following for P3D3.3

Hi Mike. I'm sure it will scream. Look forward to your report. While I'm at it, and this may be worth a separate post by you, I was wondering if you'd played with the new Group View Management feature in 3.3 yet. I'm running four monitors, but haven't been able to do the upgrade yet so it's a mystery to me ...

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Hi,

Believe me, if this chip/setup is NOT worth the expense for P3D3... It will be posted here on AVSIM, I wouldn't want anyone wasting their hard earned cash on something like this when it could be spent on a few computer components instead of one chip.

I haven't played with anything yet in P3D3.3, just installed the client. Won't go crazy with this setup, should have the new computer built before the end of the week.

• Upvote 2

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Most of the parts arrived today, waiting on the case and CPU... Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, I hope its early tomorrow. :smile:

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

The parts have arrived, time to build.

6950xparts.jpg

Got my fingers crossed for you Mike ... hoping you don't have to buy those "genlock" GPUs to make Multichannel work well.  You may want to inquire with nVidia to see if "genlock" can be accomplished with your existing GPUs ... from what I can tell, it's just a NIC with BNC that is linked to the GPU via nVidia drivers ... so if you can fool the drivers into thinking those cheap Titan X's are worthy via some adjustments to inf file?  Just a thought.

I have a hard time believing only the Quadro M6000 Sync supports Genlock (aka a $6000 GPU).

Cheers, Rob.

Locking at something like 30 frames per second I find unacceptable.

If you want to simulate flight on a PC in high detail environments across multiple monitors, I would argue that you need to become accustomed to framerates of that magnitude. You really can't expect 60+fps in a detailed payware aircraft whilst landing at a super detailed airport  with lots of detailed AI planes moving around, and real world weather being displayed. Of course, you could lower all of the detail settings, but who wants to do that?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi,

I purchased the Superclocked Titan X's about a year ago, I'm not going to get rid of them just to upgrade to a 1070/1080.

Hi guys,

She is built, I'm now installing Windows... After that P3D3.3. 8-)

• Upvote 1

I am very interested in the performance of this machine. This is very exciting. Please report back and let us know.

Mike,

You get bonus points for including a cat in your photo :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you want to simulate flight on a PC in high detail environments across multiple monitors, I would argue that you need to become accustomed to framerates of that magnitude. You really can't expect 60+fps in a detailed payware aircraft whilst landing at a super detailed airport  with lots of detailed AI planes moving around, and real world weather being displayed. Of course, you could lower all of the detail settings, but who wants to do that?

For me, reasonably high detail environments yes. But no, not multiple monitors. I run with totally unlimited frame rate, thus a significant increase in frame rate compared with locked. And guess what, very few  stutters, only time i notice them is if ATC opens it's mouth, just briefly. I run with relatively high sliders [within reason] . I also don't favour super high detailed airports. Weather add-on's yes, scenery yes, but not the airports.

You really can't expect 60+fps in a detailed payware aircraft whilst landing at a super detailed airport  with lots of detailed AI planes moving around, 

I don't. As I said, 30 frames per second and no more is unacceptable to me. I abandon the super detailed add'on, super detailed scenery, have it all mentality and enjoy very acceptable eye candy and frame rates that are noticeably superior. Many go bonkers with this stuff and wonder why they get OOM's and other issues.

I've been doing this stuff a very long time, this is my choice, each to his own. Individual perception comes into it. Some don't have an issue with a mere 30 frame per second, some like me do.

It really isn't necessary to "have it all" to enjoy the sim. This is something I see a lot. It's flight simulation, not scenery simulation. The cockpit is where it's at.

I respect your point of view, Martin. However, scenery quality is extremely important to me. The level of detail in the outside world is a big part of the simulated flying environment. I do a lot of scenery viewing during my flights (I fly "low and slow" at all times), and is one reason why I prefer photoscenery over landclass. As for the framerate, I can live with performance as low as 20fps in very heavily detailed areas, but I accept that because high detail is top of the list of my requirements (if I can get it). However, I also run P3D in Unlimited mode, because locking the framerate actually makes it worse if the performance drops below the framerate cap. I did suffer from OOMs in FSX and P3D v2.x, but P3D v3.x has almost completely resolved that issue for me. I say "almost", because I have yet to conduct a test flight into London from elsewhere in the UK, and there is a LOT of detail around London on my PC :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thats the nice thing about the sim Chris, we can configure it how we like, to our needs.

I couldn't handle 20 fps like you can though. Panning around the VC at just 20 would drive me nuts.

To be honest I haven't done any simming for months, to busy playing Elite Dangerous... but anyway, I'm side tracking Mike's thread so I'll leave it at that.