Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Flashing over gauges

I'm getting a wired flashing over the gauges.

Windows 10 64bit

X-Plane 10.45r2 (64-bit build 104503)

GTX970 Nvidia drivers 368.22

Please see link

https://youtu.be/Z0EjdM_k3KY

Pete

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I'm getting a wired flashing over the gauges.

Windows 10 64bit

X-Plane 10.45r2 (64-bit build 104503)

GTX970 Nvidia drivers 368.22

Please see link

https://youtu.be/Z0EjdM_k3KY

Pete

Your shadow setting is set too low.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks that was my issue also, I usually run HDR & Shadows on Overlay, but had to bump it up a notch.

Thanks

That was it!

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I have a similar issue, although less pronounced. It's most obvious on the RPM, Man Presure and Water Pressure gauges, although visible on the OBS too. It's also visible on the panel surface just left of the RPM gauges,

It's unaffected by shadow quality: looks the same with shadows all the way up to global (high).

It's also more evident on higher cockpit light intensities: almost disappears with cockpit lighting set to "off" or "low".

Here's a video: 

Specs: Windows 10, 64-bit

Nvidia GTX 970, 4 GB VRAM

Intel Core I7 6700K

16 GB RAM

The rendering settings on the video are like this: http://i.imgur.com/ABCqLtq.png (deliberately upped the shadows to global high to test, normally I run with 3D on aircraft)

I get flashing again with panel lighting on!

Pete Richards

The rendering settings on the video are like this: http://i.imgur.com/ABCqLtq.png (deliberately upped the shadows to global high to test, normally I run with 3D on aircraft)

Check different levels of HDR AA.

I get flashing again with panel lighting on!

Try a different level of shadow detail.

Kyle Rodgers

I tried every level of shadows. 

https://youtu.be/-MuPdOE6_bU

Pete Richards

I tried every level of shadows. 

https://youtu.be/-MuPdOE6_bU

Not seeing this at all on mine, and your card should be able to handle it. You might want to consider rolling back a driver version. I'm still on 361 with 980Ti s.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok I will try that

Not seeing this at all on mine, and your card should be able to handle it. You might want to consider rolling back a driver version. I'm still on 361 with 980Ti s.

That fix it. Thank you!

Pete Richards

Kyle which 361, I see several on Nvdidias website. 361.91?

Kyle which 361, I see several on Nvdidias website. 361.91?

Any should work. I think I'm on 361.91.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks that was my issue also, I usually run HDR & Shadows on Overlay, but had to bump it up a notch.

Try a different level of shadow detail.

To be clear, is there an issue in the DC-6 with using HDR + shadows on Overlay?

I ask this for my own curiosity, I have yet to purchase, but this is the setting I use 99% of the time.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I have the same problem with flashing gauges in the center panel area with lights "on" (HDR selected).

I have Nvidia driver 361.91 and it made no difference.  I changed shadows settings, and no difference.

What worked for me was deselecting draw per pixel lighting.

jetjerry

...........Jerry Allen

What worked for me was deselecting draw per pixel lighting.

I have this enabled on 361.91 (in fact, the pic of the setup in the Intro Manual is from my machine). I'm not seeing this. I think this might be a larger issue on your machine, perhaps.

Full real names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers