Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Flashing over gauges

I have this enabled on 361.91 (in fact, the pic of the setup in the Intro Manual is from my machine). I'm not seeing this. I think this might be a larger issue on your machine, perhaps.

Full real names in the forum, please.

I have the exact same problem, but I have seen this same effect before when X-Planes 777 got a revamp and a number of us were getting the marching ants.

This is what I see.

2gxi9zl.jpg

33esfty.jpg

The Fix was here http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/69755-textures-flight-deck/&do=findComment&comment=878827

It had us disabling the normal maps, bet LR advises against that http://developer.x-plane.com/2009/08/two-warnings-about-normal-maps/

This is what I see.

What's your texture quality set to?

Kyle Rodgers

Could also be the low shadow setting.

Just tried them all and still the same. The Low setting is the minimal (lights off) setting to avoid the ants. Once the Lights come on only the per-pixel setting (off) gets rid of "most"  of the ants except for wp gauge.

2lu5qv5.jpg

Just tried them all and still the same. The Low setting is the minimal (lights off) setting to avoid the ants. Once the Lights come on only the per-pixel setting (off) gets rid of "most"  of the ants except for wp gauge.

We've updated the model to eliminate this (will release an update here to notify people when it's ready), but individual settings can contribute to making it worse.

Kyle Rodgers

We've updated the model to eliminate this (will release an update here to notify people when it's ready), but individual settings can contribute to making it worse.

Thanks.

I have the flashing shadows return :( I have tried every driver 361.43 to the most current.

Ok Thanks

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

On behalf of all affected: thank you very much for identifying and fixing this so quickly! And thank you for this wonderful plane, I'm having a blast learning it!

Go ahead and log back into your account and re-download the installer. Uninstall before you re-install.

You DO NOT need to return the license   :smile:

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Go ahead and log back into your account and re-download the installer. Uninstall before you re-install.

How do you uninstall? Usually in X-plane you just delete the folder.

It's in the intro manual I think

All good on my end....even with the shadow overlay setting.

Add/remove programs

It's in the intro manual I think

That's the procedure to return the license, which people are specifically not supposed to do.

Kyle Rodgers

I can confirm all the artifacts have disappeared after the re-install. Thank you!