Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

FMC altitude error P3DV3

another interesting piece...with the tutorial values my CG (20%) and trim (5.75) are different from the tutorial.

And so I decided to takeoff anyway and the aircraft accelerates to V2 and when I rotate the speeds drop and aircraft stalls.

Shehryar Ansari

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

another interesting piece...with the tutorial values my CG (20%) and trim (5.75) are different from the tutorial.

And so I decided to takeoff anyway and the aircraft accelerates to V2 and when I rotate the speeds drop and aircraft stalls.

Shehryar

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

How are you entering the payload? Thru FS Actions or PERF INIT in the ZFW?

Are you advancing the physical throttles to about 56-57% NI, pressing the hidden click spot or button on the left side of thrust levers for TOGA at around 56-57% N1 and  then advancing the physical throttle all the way?

You are not mixing lbs. and kgs?

How are you entering the payload? Thru FS Actions or PERF INIT in the ZFW?

Are you advancing the physical throttles to about 56-57% NI, pressing the hidden click spot or button on the left side of thrust levers for TOGA at around 56-57% N1 and  then advancing the physical throttle all the way?

You are not mixing lbs. and kgs?

Entering the payload exactly as in tutorial through FS Actions and advancing throttles to 55% and TOGA on clickspot then full throttle.

Entry is in Lbs.

Shez

and there is a definite mismatch of CGs between the tutorial (32.1%) and my setup (20%). 

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

and there is a definite mismatch of CGs between the tutorial (32.1%) and my setup (20%). 

Then you're doing something incorrectly. What are you doing that the tutorial is not telling you to do?

Kyle Rodgers

With fuel already loaded, I get a CG of 31.3% but I have ZFW of 426.6 and load level of 70.6. Try entering the pax and cargo on the scatchpad and then line select them to the appropriate line. So I line selected 34, 121, 27590/19070, and 3541. For right now, forget about line selecting anything to ZFW. Try that and let us know what happens.

Did exactly as you said and here is the result. Am I selecting incorrect tanks or something? Check CG below.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ECB38A05B7CC819E!20611&authkey=!AJQ5yrc_72b29u8&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

Also what is the error on line 2 in the below?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ECB38A05B7CC819E!20619&authkey=!ACrv8-ffxMNf3aQ&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

Thanks again to everyone for helping.

This is in P3DV3.

Shez Ansari

Also what is the error on line 2 in the below?

It means you are 5031 feet below where you should be. I don't know what the 222long means. I can't find it in the FCOMs or FCTM.

Have you ever done a reinstall?

Thanks. I think I will reinstall this. Will come back with result.

Shez Ansari

:smile: Reinstalled. Everything works! Not sure what happened with previous install. It is a great addon!

Thank you to all of you for giving advice.

Shez Ansari

Reinstalled. Everything works! Not sure what happened with previous install. It is a great addon!

Glad to here it. This is one of the few times where I have seen a reinstall work. Most of the times they don't do anything except make the problem worse or creates new ones or both. But it worked this time.

This is one of the few times where I have seen a reinstall work.

I wonder if selecting Repair would have accomplished the same thing. Acted like a panel file so maybe it was a file from PMDG that had a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well in the first install I did change the panel state once as I wanted to start cold and dark. Wonder if that caused an issue.

Shez Ansari