Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

FSDT Memphis-KMEM is out

I'm getting good FPS at KMEM (25-30) in NGX but I am having a terrible issue with stutters that happen once I am within a few miles of the airport.  I assume it is texture loading but I do not have this problem at any other add-on airport  from FSDT or Flightbeam. I am also getting a good amout of flashing textures mostly on the runways.  Memphis is in a pretty benign area as well unlike flying into JFK or LAX so I am baffled by this issue.  I am also bouncing around like mad once on the ground but I believe that is a new feature that creates bumps?  It causes a big issue with EZdok but I think you can now turn this feature off.  I have not tried that yet though...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I'm getting good FPS at KMEM (25-30) in NGX but I am having a terrible issue with stutters that happen once I am within a few miles of the airport.

You can try this:

If you experience pauses/stutters on approach to one of our airports, open your Addon Manager and set your "Antipopup" value between 15-21. Then click Save.

http://flightbeam.net/forums/download/file.php?id=819&mode=view

Regards Robert

You can try this:

If you experience pauses/stutters on approach to one of our airports, open your Addon Manager and set your "Antipopup" value between 15-21. Then click Save.

http://flightbeam.net/forums/download/file.php?id=819&mode=view

Regards Robert

Better to do that in the fsx.cfg since if you use that fsdt configurator it changes a lot of other things you probably do not need changing. Outdated tweaks like "particle reject radius" and "swap wait timeout"

Better to do that in the fsx.cfg since if you use that fsdt configurator it changes a lot of other things you probably do not need changing. Outdated tweaks like "particle reject radius" and "swap wait timeout"

Yeah, not to mention I am using P3D v3 where I am only using the Affinity Mask tweak.  I have never tried any of the tweaks in the addon manager but I may fool with the anti-pop setting.  I'll  backup my .cfg just in case!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Yeah, not to mention I am using P3D v3 where I am only using the Affinity Mask tweak.  I have never tried any of the tweaks in the addon manager but I may fool with the anti-pop setting.  I'll  backup my .cfg just in case!

The best way of doing this, is to add the following lines to your .cfg. This will ensure the addon manager doesnt introduce any other tweaks you dont desire:

[FSDREAMTEAM]
AntiPopUp=20
ViewOptimization=0
AltitudeCull=1
GroundTraffic=1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Just watched the Video there,  There's a  maintenance hanger in it  :smile:   You can park your planes in there and has a little Menu as well.  That's so cool.

That must be a first,  never seen that before  

Just watched the Video there,  There's a  maintenance hanger in it  :smile:   You can park your planes in there and has a little Menu as well.  That's so cool.

That must be a first,  never seen that before  

Not the first years ago cant remember which developer - if you put the proper radio freq in it would open hanger doors and such  :wink: menu driven yes it may be the first time

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

The best way of doing this, is to add the following lines to your .cfg. This will ensure the addon manager doesnt introduce any other tweaks you dont desire:

[FSDREAMTEAM]
AntiPopUp=20
ViewOptimization=0
AltitudeCull=1
GroundTraffic=1

Thanks for this!  I did try it and appears to have helped stutters somewhat but I need to spend more time testing it out.

Eric

What's the verdict on Memphis? Looks great but I hear of lots of performance issues and the pay ware options as far as aircraft that fly there is pretty limited.

Orman

I purchased it yesterday.  Looks fantastic.  FSX crashed on downwind to 18C, flying PMDG's 738 from KATL.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Thanks. I should have elaborated that I'm in p3d so no pmdg md11 for FedEx. I suppose there's the 777 but how many real world 777 flights to Memphis with fedex. According to my va, not many. It's more of a regional airport, but there's not really any good quality regional jets from pay ware. Come on aerosoft...

Did fsx OOM with it?

Orman

Thanks. I should have elaborated that I'm in p3d so no pmdg md11 for FedEx. I suppose there's the 777 but how many real world 777 flights to Memphis with fedex. According to my va, not many. It's more of a regional airport, but there's not really any good quality regional jets from pay ware. Come on aerosoft...

Did fsx OOM with it?

MEM is served by Southwest - so PMDG NGX

FedEx has dozens of flights with the 777 to Europe and Asia and back. Some with fuel stops in Anchorage.

If you have a payware MD80, Delta flies that there.

Feelthere Embraer can be used lots of routes there.

Some flights from various legacy airlines in the Airbus if you have the Aerosoft.

And FedEx also flies the 767 and 757. Level-D and Quality Wings

A lot of options to fly. Use Flightaware and you can get real world flight plans too. https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KMEM

I got the KMEM a few days ago and some of the features were intented for P3d and not avail for FSX.  I can park a boeing 737/Airbus A321 at on of the

parking spots that offer an animated gateway and baggage carts and food and fuel trucks can be requested and will come out to service the aforementions

aircraft. Your not offered these GSX (Ground Support) animated services if you are in a B757; I get a message that the 757 is too large therefore, no offering

in the GSX menu to park at one of the animated gates were the animated ground support is normally offered for the smaller jet liners (Tubes).

Not sure what other tubes would work with the GSX menu.

I think they cater mainly to P3d on this scenery and you would need P3d to get the full benefits that this scenery has to offer.

I think they cater mainly to P3d on this scenery and you would need P3d to get the full benefits that this scenery has to offer.

What you're describing has to do with the parking size and is the same in P3D, 757s don't park at the gates in real life at that airport, however you can adjust the parking spot via the GSX customization menu and park your 757 there and get gate service. Just read the GSX manual to see how to do it.

The P3D version does have a few other features for P3D, but the parking spaces are still the same and your 757 trying to park at the gate would result in the same situation unless you customize the gate.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator