Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

How about a PMDG 767 and 757

The 767 and 757 are outdated and need a refreshing reboot in FSX and I think PMDG with their understanding of Boeings would be the right company to produce this.

LevelD and PSS did a great job with the old technology, lets revive these old birds and fly them in to the future.

If you would like to try a Brazilian aircraft the EMB-175 would be nice.

Thanks Randy

• Upvote 7

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

767 and 757 are outdated and need a refreshing reboot in FSX and I think PMDG with their understanding of Boeings would be the right company to produce this

I (and many others) also desire a new version of both these aircraft, however PMDG has stated (with no ambiguity whatsoever) time and again over the years that they will not produce these aircraft.

It's certainly okay to ask though.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I would love to see them too for P3D........

Greetings,

Peter Aertssen

Amsterdam (EHAM)

• Upvote 1

Maybe one day when the B747, B787 and B707 have all been done...

There's already to good models in XP, though the 757 could use a refresh. Also the FJS 722 and 732 are fantastic and his future 707 will surely be even better.

• Upvote 1

We already have good 757 and 767 add ons with the best systems there. Plus it would be a waste of PMDG's money and time to invest and create the 757 and 767 ground up. These aircraft are 'yesterdays' planes, they are being retired fast. It is always just best to focus on making new aircraft add ons for the future. I hope you understand where all this is coming from.

We already have good 757 and 767 add ons with the best systems there. Plus it would be a waste of PMDG's money and time to invest and create the 757 and 767 ground up. These aircraft are 'yesterdays' planes, they are being retired fast. It is always just best to focus on making new aircraft add ons for the future. I hope you understand where all this is coming from.

Tell that to the DC-6.

• Upvote 21

I'd love to see both as I see these aircraft at my airport everyday, many times per day. The FSX 767 is pretty outdated visually and the 757 I have is very lite in regard to system fidelity.

Regardless, PMDG knows their stuff so I'm sure they have a good plan on where they are going. Still, you don't get what you don't ask for...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

We already have good 757 add ons with the best systems there.

Which 757 might that be ?

• Upvote 4

@flynman33

I second your demand on this.

The 757/767 would really fit nicely in our hangars between the 777 and the upcoming 747-400v3, and the NGX.

In the other hand, I would not mind at all to fly a PMDG 787, but I would miss the "classic" feeling of the 757/767.

Anyway, one step at a time, first, give us that 744 !!!! :dance:

Happy flying

Alex

• Upvote 1

These aircraft are 'yesterdays' planes, they are being retired fast.

That is a rather incorrect generalization:

- 757: This aircraft fits in the 'middle of the market' (MoM) 200-250-seat segment. It features narrow body economics combined with wide body performance. Airlines favor the 757 for its good fit on their low density long haul routes, great costs per seat and high thrust-to-weight ratio.

It's an unique aircraft and there is no next-gen replacement for it (B739/A321 too small & limited range, B788/A358 too large & expansive), which means airlines are keeping their 757's longer in service. The only replacement coming close to the unique characteristics of the 757 is the announced A321neo LR around 2018, but it does not fit the bill entirely. Boeing is currently considering a new 'clean sheet' design to try and scoop up this 'MoM' segment, but after the costly 787 debacle this is still uncertain. 

- 767: The type, the freighter at least, is far from being dead. In fact, they are still being produced, 35 years after launch. On top of that, Boeing as actually announced in 2015 that they will increase the monthly production rate and invest heavily in modernisering the production line, in anticipation of the KC-46 (767-2C) tanker production run and a large existing order back-log of 767-300ERF's for FedEx.

Believe it or not, but the 767 together with the 777 are the main money makers for Boeing Commercial aircraft. Both programs have earned back their R&D costs a long time ago and aircraft are now sold with good profit. Furthermore, the 767 is still being improved in terms of performance upgrades and engine fuel burn tweaks. 

-----

Sure, both types are being withdrawn from passenger service at a fast pace, but that also applies to the 747. What is even more striking is that the future of the 747 looks worse than the future of the 757 & 767. Boeing is seriously struggling to keep the 747 line open long enough to build the 2 or 3 new Air Force One frames and has reduced the monthly rate to an absolute minimum without making a loss on overhead & logistics. 

(Source: FlightGlobal.com)

(I do not fancy PMDG making the 757/767)

• Upvote 1

Henk de Vries

Gents,

Just to put it out there before people get too heated: we already know what we're doing next before we finish a project.

• Upvote 8

Kyle Rodgers

Gents,

Just to put it out there before people get too heated: we already know what we're doing next before we finish a project.

Does this applies to X-Plane aircraft too? :wub:

• Upvote 1

we already know what we're doing next before we finish a project.

What is it? LOL!

is it a glider?

Go on, do a glider! :smile:

Do an SZD Jantar Standard 2