Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

How about a PMDG 767 and 757

I have silently waited for my very own woodpigeon. If I can get a beta team invite then all would be well. I just don't know if we'll find space to store the Segway!

Personally would love to see the NG in X-Plane 10 (maybe call it the PMDG NGXP) above all, especially a PMDG rendition 

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Im flying the FF 767 and loving it. Its alot of fun to fly. Its got the right mix of classic cockpit managment where it was transitioning to modern so not everything is all automatic. You have things to do!

I would be willing to bet it would be a heavy seller if they ever decided to do it. There is alot of people even still flying the Lvl D 767.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The only aircraft that makes any kind of sense for PMDG is the 787.  When you look at their typical development time of 4 years (or more) and the requirement that they hit it out of the park on the product and its associated sales....whats left really?  767 or 757 would be great but is niche and will probably not sell that well....remember those of us at Avsim who would buy it represent only a part of their market.  A 787 has mass appeal.  So expect to see one in 2020.

• Upvote 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

A 787 has mass appeal. So expect to see one in 2020.
That means PMDG needs to start development today!

The only aircraft that makes any kind of sense for PMDG is the 787.  When you look at their typical development time of 4 years (or more) and the requirement that they hit it out of the park on the product and its associated sales....whats left really?  767 or 757 would be great but is niche and will probably not sell that well....remember those of us at Avsim who would buy it represent only a part of their market.  A 787 has mass appeal.  So expect to see one in 2020.

What about Embraer 170/190. Also a rather big gap that needs filling within the Flightsim world, especially in the P3D world

It will probably be another Boeing. PMDG have a close relationship with Boeing so I doubt we will see something different this time around.

Play the Mega Millions lottery. Win. Contract PMDG to build the 757/767 and all derivatives including the 764.  We'll have it in no time.

Inactive

Flightsim is a niche market. I would wager to say that PMDG is more of a niche market. One within the flightsim niche. That being said, a 75/76 from pmdg woukd fill a void thst hasnt been filled since level-d.

My point is that i disagree with your market analysis. The same people who would shell out the cash for a 787 would shell out the same amount of cash for a 75/76 from pmdg.

I respect your opinion though.

• Upvote 3

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

There's already to good models in XP, though the 757 could use a refresh. Also the FJS 722 and 732 are fantastic and his future 707 will surely be even better.

I appreciate that but many of us have tried and will not change to x plane. That is just a whole different market.

Flightsim is a niche market. I would wager to say that PMDG is more of a niche market. One within the flightsim niche. That being said, a 75/76 from pmdg woukd fill a void thst hasnt been filled since level-d.

My point is that i disagree with your market analysis. The same people who would shell out the cash for a 787 would shell out the same amount of cash for a 75/76 from pmdg.

I respect your opinion though.

I'll be the first o give 100 dollars even a bit more for a P3D 757 or 767 of PMDG level d caliber.

What about Embraer 170/190. Also a rather big gap that needs filling within the Flightsim world, especially in the P3D world

I agree with that. Seems like that market could sell a lot of copies given the success of the E Jets worldwide. Yet again the MD80 was too and it was a while before anyone jumped on it.

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I appreciate that but many of us have tried and will not change to x plane. That is just a whole different market.

I'll be the first o give 100 dollars even a bit more for a P3D 757 or 767 of PMDG level d caliber.

I agree with that. Seems like that market could sell a lot of copies given the success of the E Jets worldwide. Yet again the MD80 was too and it was a while before anyone jumped on it.

Huh, your loss then.

• Upvote 1

Huh, your loss then.

Not really, I have experienced it I even bought the FF 767. Simply it is not appealing to me, I didn't lose anything. I gained intellect and experience by trying. Does not change the fact that recommending  to a P3D user to switch to X plane to fly the 757/767 as a solution is delirious. It's like saying that everyone should have not bought the PMDG 777 because Ramzzess made the 777 for X Plane. Two different markets.

• Upvote 2

Signature.png

Not really, I have experienced it I even bought the FF 767. Simply it is not appealing to me, I didn't lose anything. I gained intellect and experience by trying. Does not change the fact that recommending  to a P3D user to switch to X plane to fly the 757/767 as a solution is delirious. It's like saying that everyone should have not bought the PMDG 777 because Ramzzess made the 777 for X Plane. Two different markets.

I don't get what your trying to say by two different markets. Of course it's a different market two different sims. I'm just saying that instead of holding out hope that PMDG will develop a 757/767 in the next decade, people can fly quality ones in XP now.

• Upvote 3

I don't get what your trying to say by two different markets. Of course it's a different market two different sims. I'm just saying that instead of holding out hope that PMDG will develop a 757/767 in the next decade, people can fly quality ones in XP now.

That's what I am saying. Its not a solution!

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

It will probably be another Boeing. PMDG have a close relationship with Boeing so I doubt we will see something different this time around.

If we were to guess i would base it of robert's recent post regarding x-plane development:

He said something along the lines of "we have to see which approach is better. starting from x-plane and porting to fsx or starting from fsx and porting to x-plane"

Using that information i would guess: P3D/FSX  get the DC-6 next and x-plane will get the 747 :D 

- John Smith